Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What do you think was the most negative feature of OnePass for 2008/2009?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What do you think was the most negative feature of OnePass for 2008/2009?
Elite bonus reduction (25% less for silver and platinum)
24.25%
Increased award issuance/change/redeposit fees for elites
22.39%
Elimination of free same-day standby
23.88%
Increase of award rates in select markets
0.75%
50% EQM / 0 EQPs for discounted economy fares not booked at Continental.com
17.54%
Loss of 500 mile earning minimums for non-elites
3.73%
Checked baggage fees (First bag no longer free for non-elites)
2.99%
Other feature/change (please post below)
0.75%
Increased BF upgrade copay fees
3.73%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

Please participate in the poll and discuss below!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
I picked the checked bag fees since I'm a non-elite and would affect my domestic leisure flying, but I was tempted to select 'other' for the increased BF upgrade co-pay.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
I was tempted to select 'other' for the increased BF upgrade co-pay.
Okay -- "BF copay fees" is now its own option!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:46 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Plats have to pay fees?

The top tier needs to be fee-free.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:51 pm

The award change/redeposit fee rising from $35 to $150 for Golds (and Silvers and non-elites)?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think the second half of #2 and 3 are the same thing. And I'm not a fan at all.

The jacking up of reward change fees for lesser elites will actually likely affect me more, but I really hate the standby decision.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yellow77
The award change/redeposit fee rising from $35 to $150 for Golds (and Silvers and non-elites)?
I would have lumped that in #2.
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
I picked the checked bag fees since I'm a non-elite and would affect my domestic leisure flying, but I was tempted to select 'other' for the increased BF upgrade co-pay.
They didn't raise them THAT much this year from where they were 18 months ago. And I've only ever redeemed that reward once, years ago, so I don't mind it too much.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I think the second half of #2 and 3 are the same thing. And I'm not a fan at all.
Whoops -- fixed. Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: hardly any
The loss of free same-day standby.

Thank you, xyzzy, for posting this question and for providing so many choices for us. I had actually forgotten how badly the situation has deteriorated over the course of the year. If possible, I could have selected each and every choice as the 'most' negative depending on which flight I was thinking about.

I selected the loss of free same-day standby as the worst. In several cases, because I arrived early at the airport my luggage actually went out on the earlier flight at no extra charge, without my knowledge and without my permission. I myself however was prevented from doing so. Way to go, Continental! Way to go!!

And then Continental put forward the claim of 'security concerns' as to why we must travel on the same flight as our luggage. The lack of management integrity is appalling especially when the management team falsifies the claims of 'security concerns.'
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
The no free standby for anyone are a slap in the face and the change/redeposit fees are a kick to the ramekinless nuts.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
While some of the items are very significant, I still think 50% EQM for cheap fares is non-competitive since business travelers have to book at corporate sites which restrict options/variables. Other majors give full 100% on all fares.

The 100% for co.com is a 50% bonus on the base 50%.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
B-Ups (and the subsequent fare increases... goodbye 2 EQPs for me)
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
It was hard... I wanted the easy answer, "All of the above!"

I went with the increased award fees. I find this really upsetting because it makes awards even more difficult for me to book than they were. The sweet spot for finding seats is so far out, the details of my trips are spotty. But I don't want to buy if I'm going to be gouged for any modifications to my plans. I can wait, and not get seats, or book immediately, and get screwed later. Lose-lose.

Some of those "enhancements" don't directly affect me, but I still recognize how awful they are.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
The reduction in bonus miles was the most negative for me.

I do not travel for business. If I did, I would have major issues with the new standby policy.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Voted for same-day-standby.....

Probably would have voted differently if I wasn't PLAT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.