Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Trans-atlantic points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, HHonors Diamond, Virgin Gold, BA Gold, Emirates Gold
OnePass Trans-atlantic points

In my statement page on OnePass (Home>My Account>OnePAss Activity Since My Last Statement) there now appears a new column in the Elite Qualification Section called Trans-atlantic points - does any one know what this point count does?

I have 32,500 EQM, 16 points and 8 transatlantic points.

Sorry if this has been discussed/asked previosuly but I did try to search the OnePass forums and could not find anything.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Nothing of that sort on my account online. Is your account mailing address in the US or Europe? I have no idea if that matters, but it might.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Europe only - 5/10/15 TATL points will get you silver/gold/platinum

In practice that means it only helps if you fly the shorter transatlantic routes, e.g. EWR-LON as on the IAH routes 15 segments will get you 75000+ miles as well.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: CO One Pass, Lifetime PC, 1/5 to 1M
I suspect that it an Europe address. My 2008 Elite Member's Guide gives the elite qualification requirements as:

Silver Elite: 25,000 EQ Miles or 30 EQ Points or 5 Transatlantic EQ Points
Gold Elite: 50,000 EQ Miles or 60 EQ Points or 10 Transatlantic EQ Points
Platinum Elite: 75,000 EQ Miles or 90 EQ Points or 15 Transatlantic EQ Points

The rules for EQ Points apply, so a J,Z, R, Y, or H trip across the Atlantic is worth 2 points.

(I know the TATLEQP saves me some headaches of where to find a couple of thousand EQM’s for requalification next year.)
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, HHonors Diamond, Virgin Gold, BA Gold, Emirates Gold
Thanks for the welcome and for the information ^

My address is in Scotland and I do what must be one of the shortest TATL secotrs (GLA-EWR) around twice a month - sometimes in J, more often in Y
Therefore the 8 TATL points makes sense........
Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:20 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
Europe only - 5/10/15 TATL points will get you silver/gold/platinum

In practice that means it only helps if you fly the shorter transatlantic routes, e.g. EWR-LON as on the IAH routes 15 segments will get you 75000+ miles as well.
Just got upgraded to PLAT... wish I had know about this... it's not anywhere on the CO website that I have ever found... I fly EWR-DUB... once to twice a month so this will really help... was messing about with US helicopter to get teh extra 500 miles to get me over the 75k mark....

tht
Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: CO Silver, DL
...does the 5/10/15 for S/G/P qualification still apply for those with a US address...or do you have to have a European address? I can't find any info on CO.com that sheds light on this.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ibdublin
...does the 5/10/15 for S/G/P qualification still apply for those with a US address...or do you have to have a European address? I can't find any info on CO.com that sheds light on this.
No, the TATL points apply only to those with a OnePass address in Europe.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:16 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, *G, Amex Plat, Priority Pass Prestige, Costa Coffee Loyalty Card
I've been living in the UK for the last couple years, but kept my US address. If I switch to a UK address, can I retroactively claim my TATL points for the year?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: BA silver, CO
Originally Posted by MelesMeles
I've been living in the UK for the last couple years, but kept my US address. If I switch to a UK address, can I retroactively claim my TATL points for the year?
I switched mid-year and they automatically gave me my TATL points for flights earlier in the year. I did not ask about previous years
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, *G, Amex Plat, Priority Pass Prestige, Costa Coffee Loyalty Card
Do I need to do anything other than just switch my contact details? And are there any down-sides?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Does anyone knows if one earns TATL points only on CO metal, or is it on any TATL flight that earns OP miles (like Star Alliance partner flights)?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:10 pm

I've just switched, and I have some transatlantic segments on US-coded flights on US metal. I'll let you know if I get credit for them (so far, the TATLEQM information hasn't come up at all yet). I'm really hoping you do, since that means I'll immediately be silver and would get my gold at the end of the month.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
I flew AC from LHR two weeks ago. I wasn't awarded any transatlantic segment points, but the miles posted perfectly.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by marks88
I flew AC from LHR two weeks ago. I wasn't awarded any transatlantic segment points, but the miles posted perfectly.
Ah, very disappointing to hear The only way it'll be a benefit for me is if I get TATL points for non-CO flights. Did you email OPSC and ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.