Wiki Posts
Search

Orange Alert Effective 12/21

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2003, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold
Orange Alert Effective 12/21

Just in time for the holidays - an orange alert!

Get ready for random car searches at the airports and longer lines at the checkpoint.

Hell, you might as well just walk to the airport naked and save yourself all the extra trouble!

Enjoy!
Old Dec 21, 2003, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Oh, goody. And we leave for Myrtle Beach Tuesday AM.

Better leave the bra with the underwires at home or I'll get groped.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 2:12 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Avianca Platinum Exec
I don't know if this was a precursor or isolated incident, but on CO51 Frankfurt to EWR last Monday (Dec 15) after going through the regular security, all passengers on this flight were diverted to a 2nd security screening right before the gate where all carry-on bags were re-screened by machine AND by hand and ALL passengers were machine AND wand x-rayed AND hand-patted down VERY thoroughly. This didn't happen on my November Frankfurt trip and I've never seen everyone searched like this. Maked you feel a little more secure unless they had a tip on this particular flight.

Anyone else see this type of security elsewhere?
Old Dec 21, 2003, 2:14 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Avianca Platinum Exec
I don't know if this was a precursor or isolated incident, but on CO51 Frankfurt to EWR last Monday (Dec 15) after going through the regular security, all passengers on this flight were diverted to a 2nd security screening right before the gate where all carry-on bags were re-screened by machine AND by hand and ALL passengers were machine AND wand x-rayed AND hand-patted down VERY thoroughly. This didn't happen on my November Frankfurt trip and I've never seen everyone searched like this. Maked you feel a little more secure unless they had a tip on this particular flight.

Old Dec 21, 2003, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh joy.

The one time of year I have checked luggage. Figures.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 3:48 pm

On my September flight 51 FRA/EWR we too had the 2nd security check, and it was VERY thorough. We not only had to take off our shoes, but also our socks. And I got a very personal feel of my genitals through my slacks, as well as an ... inspection that left me with a wedgie!
Old Dec 21, 2003, 3:54 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Sounds like you enjoyed it!! Are you going to book a few more trips to FRA just for the free feel??
Old Dec 21, 2003, 4:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Oh joy.

The one time of year I have checked luggage. Figures.
</font>

Actually, I think this would be the best time to check luggage, avoiding the hassles of dragging it through all the extra scrutiny at security. I don't imagine the lines at check in are going to be any longer because of this, it's just going to be more of a hassle getting into the airport and then getting through security.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 5:00 pm

well, i hope they don't mistake the 10 dozen foil-wrapped tamales in my bag for something untoward.....i've been threatened with spending christmas outside in the snow if i don't get those things to the pacific northwest.....

dg
Old Dec 21, 2003, 8:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wallstreet10006:

</font>
It's not an isolated incident in FRA. All flights to the USA seem to have this additional check and have had for some time.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold

Yeah - FRA has been doing the 2nd security check for a while.

Also, make sure you do NOT pack your fruitcake in your checked luggage! The size, shape and density make it look like, well, bad stuff. I've already seen a bunch of folks with their locks popped on their bags because of it. (Of course, if you do travel with fruitcake, don't lock your bag)
Old Dec 22, 2003, 9:57 am

This has nothing to do with CO or One Pass. Also I checked and there is a thread on this very topic here

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000383.html

So I'm going to close this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.