Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeing other *A flights on CO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Seeing other *A flights on CO

Hi, everyone. I'm a newbie to this board so please forgive these very elementary questions.

When I go onto the CO website and look for reward flights, why can I not see flights that other *A partners offer? I can see legs serviced by United and Air Canada, but that's it. I'm looking for an open jaw BOS to REP returning SGN to BOS. I know Asiana and Singapore fly those routes. Why can I not see them on CO?

Also, I believe that redeeming Onepass on any *A member requires the same number points, correct? For example, if I'm able to book the above flight with on Asiana or Singapore, it would cost me a 65k points for a SaverPass flight?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Not all partners are available online. There are over a dozen which are but there are 28 members of Star Alliance so, well, there are a whole bunch still missing. If you call in the agents can check the inventory for you.

Another option is to search for availability using ANA's website. There are some restrictions to that approach these days but nothing that cannot be worked around reasonably easily. You'll still have to call to book but you can feed the agent flights and probably have a better chance of actually getting them.

As for the point costs, they are the same across just about every carrier. There are a couple exceptions, mostly for VS in premium cabins, but in general they are all the same.

Also, IIRC, REP isn't actually served by SQ. It is a SilkAir flight which isn't eligible for mileage earning or redemption.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Another option is to search for availability using ANA's website.
Thanks for the fast reply! Would you explain why specifically ANA's site? Is it simply another option to the Asiana and Singapore flights?

Thanks again!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by molly2004
Thanks for the fast reply! Would you explain why specifically ANA's site? Is it simply another option to the Asiana and Singapore flights?

Thanks again!
At this point, I'd advise you to read the FAQ - which will answer your question above, and many more.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...mysteries.html
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:25 pm

Not to threadjack but to add to the OP's question:

Does ANA's site show total *A reward availability or will I still receive better availability by calling an agent?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by molly2004

Thanks again!
Because they have all the *A carriers in a single interface.
Originally Posted by precision80
Not to threadjack but to add to the OP's question:

Does ANA's site show total *A reward availability or will I still receive better availability by calling an agent?
Generally you should have the same inventory on all partner flights via the call center as ANA will show you. If you are CO elite then you have potentially better CO inventory by using co.com or calling. Also, ANA won't include VS, EK or CM which are all eligible for CO redemptions.

For better information about the ANA search I actually recommend this FAQ from the BD forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...sterclass.html. It is pretty phenomenal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.