Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Changes to CO awards on Star partners after taking outbound?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

I'd like to know if it is possible to make date and/or routing changes to Star awards booked with CO miles for the return segment after having taken the outbound.

Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, it is.

You can even make a change after checking in for the return trip and even after flying part of the return trip, so long as the new return can "use" the old return as part of the routing. I did this in December.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, it is.

You can even make a change after checking in for the return trip and even after flying part of the return trip, so long as the new return can "use" the old return as part of the routing. I did this in December.
Wow - what an adventure!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So this claim by UA that Star Alliance rules prevent changes to the return after taking outbound is hogwash?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by UA Fan
So this claim by UA that Star Alliance rules prevent changes to the return after taking outbound is hogwash?
It may be their own rules. But you know they always like to blame someone else, FAA, 'Federal mandates', 'Star alliance' whatever (this is across the board not just saying UA does this)
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steph3n
It may be their own rules. But you know they always like to blame someone else, FAA, 'Federal mandates', 'Star alliance' whatever (this is across the board not just saying UA does this)
plus their lousy excuses for starnet blocking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.