Wiki Posts
Search

A microwave cheeseburger?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL BA Amex
A microwave cheeseburger?

Now I guess I shouldn't complain too much because I was on an elite upgrade and I am a only a petty silver-elite, but I really think a FC meal can be a little better than a microwave cheeseburger. The fruit plate was nice, and the soup was good, but the burger bun was soggy-wet!

I flew 3 segments and all three were upgraded, and the FA's were outstanding... thanks CO, but I think a FC meal can be better than a Seven-Eleven microwave cheeseburger. ;-)

I'm not really mad about it, but I would be if I had paid for FC.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I think you shouldnt be complaining if you got an upgrade..be happy they had any food..you could have kept your seat in coach and had a turkey sandwich..Think about the people today who will not eat because they are not lucky enough to have food..Starving people all over the world and you complain about what you got?..
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I like the cheeseburger . I've been lucky, haven't gotten one that was soggy. Note that in the future you can request the rock, er...sandwich that is served in Y instead of the standard F meal.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
At least it wasn’t a cheeseburger-in-a-can.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Technically it's not a microwaved cheeseburger, since there's no microwave on the plane. It's a convection oven reheated cheeseburger. Not that that makes it sound any better.

I think the domestic F cheeseburger used to be better, back when it wasn't heated on the plate. There's something about heating those on the plates that makes the bottom bun get too hard, the cheese get too melted (causing it to run off the meat and onto the plate), and the top bun to get soggy.

CO's old catering method was much better. The same food took a quality hit when the reheating and plating methods were changed last fall.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
I think you shouldnt be complaining if you got an upgrade..be happy they had any food..you could have kept your seat in coach and had a turkey sandwich..Think about the people today who will not eat because they are not lucky enough to have food..Starving people all over the world and you complain about what you got?..

I guess when there's a hair in my soup at a restaurant I should be thankful for the fiber...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA nothing
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
So no one should ever complain about food because there are people starving? that makes no sense at all.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Talking

These cats would have loved to have taken your upgrade...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Maybe you should fly UA and then we'll see what you think of the cheeseburger (+ soup + fruit + milanos)...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
I often laughed at the Cheeseburger but it was the only choice on a recent IAH - LGA flight by the time the FA's got back to me, and it wasn't bad.

But, as it always goes. It's an airplane. If you don't think you'll like the food, then buy something before you get on. @:-)
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
think you shouldnt be complaining if you got an upgrade..be happy they had any food..you could have kept your seat in coach and had a turkey sandwich..Think about the people today who will not eat because they are not lucky enough to have food..Starving people all over the world and you complain about what you got?..

I'd rather sit in F and have a turkey sandwich than a soggy cheeseburger.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:20 pm

I, for one, agree with the original poster. I am sometimes flat out embarrassed when I am working F and I serve someone a gross looking, melted, cheeseburger. And there isn't much us FAs can do to fix it... there's a standard heating time for all of our hot entrees (15-20 minutes is pretty much the norm), and unfortunately, not all ovens are the same, and it's not really practical to figure out how each oven on each particular tail number is going to behave. But I feel your pain. I think the entree would be much better without cheese, or, if cheese was an option the FA could add on the side by request. Would be much better, thinks me...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by entropy

I'd rather sit in F and have a turkey sandwich than a soggy cheeseburger.
So ask for one from the back?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:21 pm

And guys, quit bashing CAL PHL... while you may disagree with his post, he is obviously concerned about major problems beyond his own, and he cannot be faulted for that.

www.worldvision.org

Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by belynch
So ask for one from the back?
Correct. Happens all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.