Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Will my ticket get canceled if I skip the train?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum

I'm looking into booking a PHL-SEA run to secure Plat. It seems that Continental Codeshares with Amtrak from the PHL station to EWR.

My question is..Is there anyway to just not use the PHL-EWR part (and vice versa) or does CO have track of that?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: CO OP Serf
They do keep track. And you will lose all your miles if you try it, more than likely. HOWEVER , what you can do is, if you're on the NE Corridor line, just get off whenever you want between EWR and ZFV. Crosscheck times on Amtrak's website to make sure the train you're looking at stops at the station you want. Then, on the way back, just use a combo of NJT and SEPTA to get to PHL for the PHL-SEA seg.

Or, and this is my suggestion, try booking directly to/from PHL and make this into a really nice MR by going via IAH. Adds about 1,000 EQMs and 2000 RDM, assuming you're Gold.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thenewflesh
if you're on the NE Corridor line, just get off whenever you want between EWR and ZFV. Crosscheck times on Amtrak's website to make sure the train you're looking at stops at the station you want. Then, on the way back, just use a combo of NJT and SEPTA to get to PHL for the PHL-SEA seg.
heh?

the OP just wanted to see if he/she could blow off the ZFV-EWR segement either way.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Yes, it will be canceled. If you skipped the train going to EWR, you would probably get on the flight to SEA with no problem. However, by the time you are ready for your return flight, chances are they will have canceled your itinerary.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:32 pm

Programs: CO OP Serf
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
heh?

the OP just wanted to see if he/she could blow off the ZFV-EWR segement either way.
I know. I was simply providing alternative options, since skipping the Amtrak segs. is highly inadvisable, particularly for someone with status. And depending on how far out the OPs trip is, if there's a schedule change (which there probably will be if it's a couple months out), s/he can change the routing to fly directly into PHL on the inbound, as that way there's no backtracking involved.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:09 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Yes..you will loose the miles..Not only that..you wont have a way back home..you will probably get your ticket cancelled and could loose OnePass account alltogether for "Hidden City Ticketing"..They do keep Track!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.