Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do elite benefits still apply to non-elites flying on miles from elite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,

Does Continental still pass on the benefits of Platinum (ie: preferred seating, free baggage, etc...) to non elites flying mileage tickets that the points came from the Platinum member account (even if the elite is not actually flying)?

Thakns
Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:56 pm

Recently (two weeks or so) found that to still be the case of the glitch. Priority boarding, standby, etc.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

You said "glitch".

I always understood that to be official policy.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by ghurty
You said "glitch".

I always understood that to be official policy.
I believe that the understanding as we know it is that it's a glitch but one that CO has actively not bothered to fix--this may or may not last or may be fixed at any time, theoretically. It's not in writing anywhere that the benefits extend, but the system does it and it's apparently more trouble for them to fix than they feel it's worth, for now. (This is my understanding gathered from posts here anyway.)
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by UAzip
I believe that the understanding as we know it is that it's a glitch but one that CO has actively not bothered to fix--this may or may not last or may be fixed at any time, theoretically. It's not in writing anywhere that the benefits extend, but the system does it and it's apparently more trouble for them to fix than they feel it's worth, for now. (This is my understanding gathered from posts here anyway.)
I thought it was weird my friend's boarding pass had my OP (or sometimes even 1k) number on it. Reading up on it here made it seem like it's a glitch left for the elites to enjoy.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Sent wife and daughter EWR-LIM yesterday on reward ticket.
Wife's BP printed with my elite status and elite access. They were both also allowed 3 bags x 70 lb each. Did have to push the issue a little with them though as agent explained that there was a baggage embargo in effect for LIM.
Told here it's been like that for years and elites have always been allowed 3 x 70. After some checking she got an override for the extra baggage tags.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat HHonors Diamond
This has always been the case and still is...have 6 tickets booked for parents however all are first class so it wouldn't have mattered lol.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: CoAir Platinum; UAL 1K; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Russell745
Sent wife and daughter EWR-LIM yesterday on reward ticket.
Wife's BP printed with my elite status and elite access.
Had same experience flying my daughter on reward ticket Friday afternoon (7/1) PVD-EWR-SAN.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: Previously 5 year AS Gold 75, UA MM Lifetime Gold
Does Continental still pass on the benefits of Platinum (ie: preferred seating, free baggage, etc...) to non elites flying mileage tickets that the points came from the Platinum member account (even if the elite is not actually flying)?

Thakns
Yes
Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle

Thakns
In addition to receiving all of the above benefits, many people have posted that the individual traveling on their miles receives upgrades if the miles holder is a OnePass Plus or PPlus member.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by qoodoo
This has always been the case and still is...have 6 tickets booked for parents however all are first class so it wouldn't have mattered lol.
6 Parents?? Thats a lot of step's and in-laws.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: 1K on United; MARR = PLAT; HIL = DIA; Avis = First; NAT = Ex Elite

Last edited by GoBucks27; Sep 21, 2011 at 11:33 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by GoBucks27
Awesome benefit.
CO ticket stock, CO metal only.

Be carfeul, OP is loaded with CO ticket stock on UA metal offerings; and not applicable on these.

Will this benefit go away in 2012; or will it be adopted as policy in the new CONTINENTAL, er united.......????
not sure about that? my award ticket for gf she got lounge invites from Asiana and ANA even without me there to show a *gold card. united wouldn't allow her in the RCC though. first time i tried it so i might be confusing your comment.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goldelite8
In addition to receiving all of the above benefits, many people have posted that the individual traveling on their miles receives upgrades if the miles holder is a OnePass Plus or PPlus member.
I did not know you can get upgraded while flying on miles. How does that work?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I did not know you can get upgraded while flying on miles. How does that work?
If you have the Pres Plus card, they upgrade you if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.