Wiki Posts
Search

one way award using CO miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

one way award using CO miles?

is it now possible to book a one-way award ticket using my CO miles?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by mike_asia
is it now possible to book a one-way award ticket using my CO miles?
Thanks for not even attempting a search

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=continental+one+way+rewards
Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by wcalvert
Thanks for not even attempting a search

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=continental+one+way+rewards
I read the link

ONE-WAYS: One way rewards are offered as of June 15, 2011, unless otherwise noted. If you redeem your roundtrip reward for a one-way ticket, the unused portion of the reward will be forfeited.

And can't really follow. So, say I have a reward booking on virgin. London to newark and then orlando to london. Booked with Va reward miles.

I then want to use 12,500 of my continental miles to book a ewr to mco flight.

According to my reading of the 'new' policy I still have to book a return (at 25,000 miles) and simply not fly the return leg, thus wasting 12,500 miles. How does this differ from before?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by poggs
According to my reading of the 'new' policy I still have to book a return (at 25,000 miles) and simply not fly the return leg, thus wasting 12,500 miles. How does this differ from before?
It doesnt

Wait till June 15

If you really want that ticket now - transfer miles needed to United - and book a one-way there.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
welcome back, mike_asia!
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:17 pm

Continental ONE-WAY-AWARD - When and how to book

I would like to book a ONE-WAY-AWARD-TICKED on Continental: USA to Europe and found this:

"...ONE-WAYS: One way rewards are offered as of June 15, 2011, unless otherwise noted. If you redeem your roundtrip reward for a one-way ticket, the unused portion of the reward will be forfeited....)

How can I book such a ticked? Right now there is no ONE-WAY when I book an award ticket on-line. Next, does it has to be a Continental plane or can it be LH or else...?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by USAFAN
I would like to book a ONE-WAY-AWARD-TICKED on Continental: USA to Europe and found this:

"...ONE-WAYS: One way rewards are offered as of June 15, 2011, unless otherwise noted. If you redeem your roundtrip reward for a one-way ticket, the unused portion of the reward will be forfeited....)

How can I book such a ticked? Right now there is no ONE-WAY when I book an award ticket on-line. Next, does it has to be a Continental plane or can it be LH or else...?
You can do it now by transferring your miles to United.

You can do it on any partner - but most - will require booking over the phone.

Best strategy to do it now
1. Find the route you want on continental.com (everything except Virgin is OK for UA bookings)
2. Transfer required miles to United
3. Book on united.com for UA/CO/US/LH or call for more partners

*some partners such as Swiss, Turkish, South African, Air China do not show up on continental.com
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can just wait until June 15 when that functionality will be enabled on continental.com.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:34 pm

rankourabu & UnitedSkies
Thanks!^

I am going to wait until June 15th.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USAFAN
rankourabu & UnitedSkies
Thanks!^

I am going to wait until June 15th.
if there's availability and you have definite plans, that's a risk I wouldn't take.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: CO Silver, TACA GOLD, HHonors Silver, A-Club Gold
you CAN book one ways now, as always, but you have to be creative with the routing. For example, I'm booked next week on a GVA - EWR - SAL flight, If I try to book GVA - SAL I cant do it, but I can book GVA - EWR and then EWR - SAL.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: UA, DL, AC25k
erased.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
if there's availability and you have definite plans, that's a risk I wouldn't take.
soitgoes:

I followed your advise and booked. The agent from Continental in Houston was by far the best I ever had from any airline.

But now I have a question:
Mrs. USAFAN and I have each less than 7,000 Continental miles. How can we use them? The only way we found are Newspaper or Magazine Subscriptions. Did we miss something?

soitgoes, please tell me How It Goes!
I know .. it's OT, but I didn't want to open a new thread.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Gold, LM
While we are at it, anyone know if the new one-way award feature that is coming on 6/15 will allow a stop-over on such itenery?

As CO allows 2 stopover on r/t awards, I hope they allow a stop-over on one-way award ^
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by anishub
While we are at it, anyone know if the new one-way award feature that is coming on 6/15 will allow a stop-over on such itenery?
UA does not offer a stopover on one-way awards.

As CO allows 2 stopover on r/t awards, I hope they allow a stop-over on one-way award ^
CO allows 1 stopover and 1 open jaw on RT awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.