Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's this number?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, UA Lifetime 1K, CO MM, Formerly CO Inf. Elite, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, National Exec.,
What's this number?

As my designated MM companion, the wife received her new Plat. card a month ago. I never got mine so I called to express concern. I was told by the OPSC that I did not get a new one because my card has a life expiration date. They finally did agree to send "another one" when I asked about the new luggage tags and CC coupons. Finally received it yesterday. As I was putting one of the new luggage on my brief case I noticed an number in the lower right corner. I looked at the wife's tags and they also have a number. Hers is a Plat. tag with a number in the 048XXX range. My Inf. Plat. number is in the 001XXX range.

As the knower of all things OnePass I'm here to ask if anyone in the Forum knows the significance of these numbers.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by copyman
As my designated MM companion, the wife received her new Plat. card a month ago. I never got mine so I called to express concern. I was told by the OPSC that I did not get a new one because my card has a life expiration date. They finally did agree to send "another one" when I asked about the new luggage tags and CC coupons. Finally received it yesterday. As I was putting one of the new luggage on my brief case I noticed an number in the lower right corner. I looked at the wife's tags and they also have a number. Hers is a Plat. tag with a number in the 048XXX range. My Inf. Plat. number is in the 001XXX range.

As the knower of all things OnePass I'm here to ask if anyone in the Forum knows the significance of these numbers.
It means she's special and you're not
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mikelat
It means she's special and you're not
But his number is much lower.

I'd bet it is your number in sequence of all the platinum elites just based on the previous estimates of how many there are. I'll have to check mine now to see what it is.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12

I'd bet it is your number in sequence of all the platinum elites just based on the previous estimates of how many there are. I'll have to check mine now to see what it is.
Does this seem close to previous estimates; OP spouse, just issued, 048XXX, my number 019XXX issued 10 years ago, so difference 29XXX divided by 10 = 2,900 new platinum elites a year?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by sgfood
Does this seem close to previous estimates; OP spouse, just issued, 048XXX, my number 019XXX issued 10 years ago, so difference 29XXX divided by 10 = 2,900 new platinum elites a year?
well my OP # was issued only 3 years ago and i am 012XXX.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it is this I would think it is not based on the sequence of the OnePass number being issued but in which it qualified for the tier. But mine is a 141xx number and I missed a year so only qualified again in 2008.

Maybe it is just a number. @:-)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Mine tag number is 000xxx.

Friend that is Plat for a couple of years is 050xxx, but Gold and Silver before.

The number is also on the top of the sheet of paper to which the OnePass Elite card and the tags were attached. Also the number is only printed on one of the two luggage tags.

It is not alphabetic by name. Maybe by OnePass number?

Finally received my OnePass package a few days ago - I called OnePass about 3 weeks ago. It was mailed USPO priority mail in a cardboard envelope.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, UA Lifetime 1K, CO MM, Formerly CO Inf. Elite, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, National Exec.,
Originally Posted by sbm12
If it is this I would think it is not based on the sequence of the OnePass number being issued but in which it qualified for the tier. But mine is a 141xx number and I missed a year so only qualified again in 2008.

Maybe it is just a number. @:-)
You may be on to something there.

Back Story: I first qualified for Gold in '89 and kept top tier status until I was given Infinite Elite in '96 or '97 (forget which was the first year). As the program changed the Infinite Gold became Infinite Platinum. I already had Million Mile qualifying when the MM program was announced.

Could be that the <002000 I have is related to this back story.

My wife had general member status until I got MM and she was then granted matching status to what I have. That would make her somewhere in the >040000 rank in Plat. Elites.

I'm not even going to speculate at which we will both end up with in the combined program.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: UA, QR, Flying Blue, AA.
You made me look. Mine is 14xxx. Maybe it is the number of beers we had in the P Club last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.