Wiki Posts
Search

Continental "flights" on Amtrak

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:41 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Continental "flights" on Amtrak

I'm seeing Continental flights that include an Amtrak segment between EWR-PHL. I was looking fares to PHL since they're cheaper than to EWR but EWR would be my final destination, and by skipping the Amtrak segments, would put me where I want to be without driving back from PHL...

I would expect that the Amtrak portions might not show up in the CO system if one were to skip both of those and just fly in & out of EWR.

Anyone have experience with that?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
I'm seeing Continental flights that include an Amtrak segment between EWR-PHL. I was looking fares to PHL since they're cheaper than to EWR but EWR would be my final destination, and by skipping the Amtrak segments, would put me where I want to be without driving back from PHL...

I would expect that the Amtrak portions might not show up in the CO system if one were to skip both of those and just fly in & out of EWR.

Anyone have experience with that?
Look up the FAQ on this. (Search for Amtrak).

Skipping the Amtrak portions is a violation of the CoC, and repeated attempts may cause CO to come after you for the difference in pricing.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
Look up the FAQ on this. (Search for Amtrak).

Skipping the Amtrak portions is a violation of the CoC, and repeated attempts may cause CO to come after you for the difference in pricing.
yes, you have a good chance to get your itinerary (esp return segments) canceled if you purposely "miss" the train from ZFV.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
That's good advice. You MUST pick up your Amtrak tickets for your flights to be valid....otherwise you stand the chance of driving to EWR and being stuck with a canceled itenerary and nothing you can do about it.

While these may be train segments, they are (in Continental's system) still codeshare flights and should be treated as such.

If you live in Philly, why not take advantage of this great way to get to/from EWR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.