Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Petition: Snack Basket in F

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by GIGFY
Another example - 1506 (IAH - TPA). Been doing this since November - leaving at 7pm and a shrimp salad was provided. Nothing biggie but at least little filling till I got to Tampa - I am a big eater (NOT BIG GUY lol) so I eat often. 1st week of this month (1/3/10) was the same with shrimp salad, then 2nd week (1/10), the flight changed to 7.26pm departure - luckily I checked the PDA site and no meal (just pretzels) were offered in FC. Same as Y class. I think some basket tray would be nice. They ae offering free booze - I need some food in my stomach to handle the booze... lol.
Guess what flight I'm on this Sunday--and, for the first time in my life, on a paid-for F ticket instead of an upgrade? To add to the annoyance, I only have an hour and 20 minutes to clear customs in IAH.

(Why F? No seats left in Y on that flight. And why that flight? You try getting from SJD to Florida on a Sunday in time to watch a space shuttle launch at 8:56 the next morning. Oh, that's the last annoyance: Because I'll have to drive two hours and change from TPA to the KSC area right after landing, I can't even soak up the free booze. I'm only doing this because I'll be watching the liftoff from only three miles away, next to the countdown clock... and because I am a gigantic nerd.)

Providing a snack basket would seem a minimum for this flight, going by CO's own advertisement of light snacks on "Flights over two hours departing between 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m." But, hell, I can't remember when I last had dinner before 7 p.m.; give me a sandwich or a salad on a 7:10 departure. I prefer UA's policy: meals on flights departing until 8:59 p.m.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Sorry if there's a more apropos thread.... Can anyone advise what the F catering is likely to be for the 5pm LGAIAH? (UA guy here; this would be my first CO midcon)

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:49 am

Tracer, two hot choices. Probably a meat (short rib) or pasta (ravioli). Comes with a small bowl of salad and a cup of soup. The soup is typically well liked.

BTW, hasn't anyone noticed...we now have sky snacks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.