Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH Terminal B to C in 35 minutes??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Question IAH Terminal B to C in 35 minutes??

Tomorrow, I will fly to SEA from DAL via IAH (same ticket number)
1. Do you think I can make it (of course if no delay)
2. If I cannot make it (but if the plane is on time, is there any compensation?)
3. Any advice to make sure to make it (best way to get from Terminal B to terminal C)
Thank you for your advice^

Dallas (DAL) - Houston (IAH)
Departure: 19:20
Arrival: 20:25
Terminal B
Flight CO 2828
Operated by : EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC DBA CO EXPRESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Houston (IAH) - Seattle (SEA)
Departure: 21:00
Terminal C
Flight CO 467
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
1. Yes, easily.
2. No.
3. Take the tram.

If you feel you cannot make it, you can standby for an earlier flight on the day of departure($50).
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
1. Yes, easily.
2. No.
3. Take the tram.

If you feel you cannot make it, you can standby for an earlier flight on the day of departure($50).
That was a quick answwer^^
thanks
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
That was a quick answwer^^
thanks
Your bags may not make it though. It has been a hit or miss with me.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
You'll make it and your bags will too.

Sit near the frot of the plane, and hope B-84 is not involved.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Even with B-84 it's doable.

And my bags have made much more difficult connections (both in time and distance between gates) many times at IAH.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ssullivan

And my bags have made much more difficult connections (both in time and distance between gates) many times at IAH.
LoL , cant count the times that the short connecting time doomed me to having to wait for the next flight. Yet my bags made it onto the tkted flight I was suppose to be on and missed
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
I made terminal B to E in 12 minutes once this year. Not recommended if you aren't in shape. A 35 minute connection will require you to move as quickly as possible to make it. Don't gate check anything. Don't make the obligatory bathroom stop. Hustle and you should make it.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by ssullivan

is B84 the little trailers w/ CO connection or whatever at them?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sammy0623
is B84 the little trailers w/ CO connection or whatever at them?
Yes, it's the cluster of temporary gates that some COEX flights use.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
You should be fine. I live in Dallas and fly out of DAL all the time. When traveling alone I have the bare minimun connection times. A lot around 30 mins and some less than that. I have always made my connections. “knock on wood”

I got one later this month
RNO-IAH 11:37am 5:09pm
IAH-DAL 5:30pm-6:30pm
21mins connection time!

Oh course I fly out of DAL and developed the bad habit of getting my bags there right at 30 min cut off before flight and I still got to wait a little before the plane boards, but like less than 10 mins. I plan for zero problems and go from there. Now if I’m flying to place that has one flight a day like POS I gave myself 3 hour leway. For some reason only time I have problems is when I have to connect on that flight. Never get out of DAL on time then.

Last edited by CO777DAL; Aug 13, 2008 at 4:21 pm
Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I made a 30 minute connection from C to B last month as part of a group of 10 (including one or two who couldn't rush). Take the tram, don't waste time, and if your first leg is on time you should be fine.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Looks like our OP got SSed & I dont mean by the TSA

Flight 2828 was late in taking off from DAL by 43 mins and landed @ IAH at 9:02pm instead of at 8:25pm arrived B-73 (37 mins late)

The SEA flight 467 left C-33 1 min late at 9:01pm

which means the SEA flight left its gate 1 min before the DAL flight arrived, so our OP had no chance what-so-ever to even try and make their flight to SEA

Hopefully they will weigh in and let us know if they still up to IAH or remained in DAL and will try again tommorrow
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
One more vote for the 3:34 connection I might book going PHL-IAH-SEA as opposed to the 0:34.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by octopic
I made terminal B to E in 12 minutes once this year. Not recommended if you aren't in shape. A 35 minute connection will require you to move as quickly as possible to make it. Don't gate check anything. Don't make the obligatory bathroom stop. Hustle and you should make it.
I did an A to E connection in 20 minutes this past spring.

Late NW flight from MSP connecting to the last CO IAH-MSY, and of course there was no shuttle bus or gate personnel to be found. Ran out to the groundside part of the terminal, jumped on the mickey mouse train, ten minutes to get to term C checkin, did security (thank god it was late enough that there was no line), and ran to my gate- i was the last person on board, but I made it. Ha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.