Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1st Time using Lounge (HNL) please give me a clue!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1st Time using Lounge (HNL) please give me a clue!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, Kenn Borek Lifetime, PC-Plat, Hyatt-Plat, Hooters: 79
The one thing you have to learn about Hawaiians is if you dont kiss their butt, you are just a rude haole. But when you get annoyed at their lack of customer service its because you have no "Aloha Spirit" Aloha Spirit for a Hawaiian is their code word excuse for "I can do as little as possible, stick it to you, and you must be nice to me because I'm Hawaiian"
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Yes, let's paint the entire population of Hawaii with that description. That UC Club rep is is surely (according to you) typical of everyone in Hawaii. As one who grew up there and will retire there this year, I'd suggest you just stay away if you feel everyone in Hawaii is like that. When I move there, I'm sure I will suddenly become just like that UC club rep.

I'm sure if I visit your state and run into a couple of poor attitude service workers - oh wait - I forgot they don't exist in your State...

One thing that will annoy ANYONE ANYWHERE is a DYKWIA attitude.

Hic Sunt Trolls. A nice thread sullied by someone pooping in the pool. Anyway, thanks to the OP for sharing and updating.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:49 pm

This lounge was the 2nd best part of my flight experience after the PMCO 777 seat to IAH.

It was about half full and eerily quiet with a great view. It was basic snack food but well stocked and a nice retreat from gate 12 where our plane departed from with about half the passengers standing.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Exeutive Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by kokinos
This lounge was the 2nd best part of my flight experience after the PMCO 777 seat to IAH.

It was about half full and eerily quiet with a great view. It was basic snack food but well stocked and a nice retreat from gate 12 where our plane departed from with about half the passengers standing.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Gate 12 is a bit challenging these days. The old Presidents Club was right across from it and you used to be able to sit until boarding time. They'd come to you in the lounge, tell you they were ready for boarding, and you'd walk right on. That was one of the Continental perks in Honolulu. Now I hate it when I see a legacy Continental gate on my boarding pass because it means a long walk and a standing wait to board.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
can anyone confirm that even that i have zero UA status; I am flying asiana in biz and that I can use the UA lounge?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by pallensf
can anyone confirm that even that i have zero UA status; I am flying asiana in biz and that I can use the UA lounge?
Yes.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:03 am

last time [first time] we were in the UA HNL club we were taking the HNL EWR direct flight and the gate was quite a distance from the club [unlike the former pres club] and check in kiosks/security especially with luggage and not really knowing where it was and upstairs

is the direct hnl/ewr gate still a long hike from the UA club?
any fresh fruit or pineapple there?
will be there next month and want to have an easier walk this time
thanks for info!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:25 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
last time [first time] we were in the UA HNL club we were taking the HNL EWR direct flight and the gate was quite a distance from the club [unlike the former pres club] and check in kiosks/security especially with luggage and not really knowing where it was and upstairs

is the direct hnl/ewr gate still a long hike from the UA club?
any fresh fruit or pineapple there?
will be there next month and want to have an easier walk this time
thanks for info!
It varies...if the HNL-EWR gate is not in the diamond concourse where the United Club is then it will be a hike. You won't know where until the day of the flight.

I was just there on Saturday and didn't notice any fresh fruit. Just the usual United Club carrots, trail mix, etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.