Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Miles credited to wrong airline program!! (KrisFlyer instead of OnePass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles credited to wrong airline program!! (KrisFlyer instead of OnePass)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Question Miles credited to wrong airline program!! (KrisFlyer instead of OnePass)

Has anyone ever had their miles credited to the wrong airline program?

I had this happen on a flight with Singapore Airlines. My travel agent booked my ticket and indicated my KrisFlyer account number. At check-in I provided my OnePass account number and was told it was updated.

It was not Is there any way to have the miles deducted from Singapore Airlines and then have Continental credit them as they should have been done in the first place!

Any assistance, advice, and experience will be appreciated.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You have to ask SQ to uncredit the miles to your KrisFlyer account. If they do that, then you have to submit your boarding passes to CO for credit. There are other threads on this issue in the *A Forum and, I think, here on the CO Forum. Not too many success stories that I can remember.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Oh boy, this is gonna be a tough one. You're dealing with quite possibly the two least flexible and most rules-driven, arrogant airlines in the world on this one.

I wish you the best of luck sorting this out. You're gonna need it.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Fighting the same battle now. OPSC is a big pain, but is also powerless to get anything done promptly. What I've done:

1. Call UAMP (SQ for you) to get mileage cancelled out. Took me 2 min w/MP.
2. Send BP/itin to OPSC to get credited. Wait 2 weeks to hear back.
3. Send MP mileage summary to OPSC to prove I'm not double dipping
4. Hear back from OPSC two more weeks later that my mileage summary isnt "proof the miles were deleted". Fume silently.
5. Call MP, get a SD to email me a letter verifying "yes, you did cancel those miles". Takes 2 min.
6. Send that in to OPSC, keep waiting for weeks on end as they are forever short staffed.

Main thing I've learned - OPSC agents you talk to can't really do anything - they just tell you to send stuff in, and magical other OPSC agents hidden elsewhere will eventually get to it.

Not a change I like.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
You have to ask SQ to uncredit the miles to your KrisFlyer account. If they do that, then you have to submit your boarding passes to CO for credit. There are other threads on this issue in the *A Forum and, I think, here on the CO Forum. Not too many success stories that I can remember.
This is exactly what I did for miles that I wanted credited to my NH account instead. I succeeded after 2 months.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Fighting the same battle now. OPSC is a big pain, but is also powerless to get anything done promptly. What I've done:

4. Hear back from OPSC two more weeks later that my mileage summary isnt "proof the miles were deleted". Fume silently.
5. Call MP, get a SD to email me a letter verifying "yes, you did cancel those miles". Takes 2 min.
6. Send that in to OPSC, keep waiting for weeks on end as they are forever short staffed.

Main thing I've learned - OPSC agents you talk to can't really do anything - they just tell you to send stuff in, and magical other OPSC agents hidden elsewhere will eventually get to it.

Not a change I like.
The process is just about as fun for missing shoponepass miles. I'm still waiting for 7,300 miles from a transaction on 12/30/10
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:46 pm

Are you trying to do PPS qual and one pass at the same time?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: kayaker
Out of curiosity, what do your BP's say? If you asked them to put your OP# on there then even if the system didn't update your reservation your new BP's should say "CO AB123456" or whatever SQ BP's look like. Then it should be a simple matter of sending them in to the OPSC and asking for credit.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Are you trying to do PPS qual and one pass at the same time?
Not aiming for PPS or KF status. I prefer to have my miles consolidated into as few programs as possible and these should have gone to CO (as requested).

I had the change request done after the BP was printed and I should have asked for a new BP to be printed just to verify for myself. I have learned my lesson.

I will follow-up with SQ tomorrow and check the status and push for this to be expedited since CO has replied and confirmed I need to have the miles deducted and then send in a form for the missing miles credit. *fingers crossed*
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Happened to me, credited to SQ, wanted it on UA. Tried to fix but eventually I gave up.

The sad part is I knew it as it was happening. When you book online on SQ, you must enter your passport number. While both my UA and Krisflyer accounts are on record, the passport number automatically maps my FF # to the Krisflyer one, and there is no way to undo it online. When I got to the airport in SIN, I asked the GA to remove the Krisflyer number altogether. This WORKED and I got the miles on UA. On the return at PVG, the GA insisted she did the right thing but my boarding pass had my Krisflyer number instead of *G. Later I asked them to double check at the *G lounge (Shanghai Airlines). They called the counter and may have talked to the same GA who said again it will credit to my UA account. This didn't work. I never got the EQM/RDM for the return. Have explained many times over to UA but eventually gave up as I didn't need the EQMs.

Lessons:

1) INSIST on them removing all other FF numbers from the record. Confirm to make sure the boarding pass says *G.

2) When booking online on SQ I've been told by employee friends that I can put in a wrong passport number just to get around this. Apparently this doesn't matter.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Not a change I like.
To close my loop - my miles finally posted, 6 weeks after I started the process with the OPSC. I wouldn't wish this process on anyone.

I'm very, very curious to see which direction loyalty program CS takes in this merger, as the two agencies are very different in their reactions and speed.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Complete! It wasn't too bad overall. SQ had a tough time understanding what I wanted. They kept telling me "we cannot transfer your miles" even though I clearly stated. Please delete the miles from my account and take NO FURTHER ACTION. (okay, I didn't yell)

Anyway... CO credited even though it was more than 6 months because I had such a hard time with SQ understanding their mistake.

Now I will attempt for the wife which was also screwed up but she has lost her boarding pass- but hoping CO will recognize she obviously had one since SQ credited the miles... and we will have evidence from her KrisFlyer account to illustrate this fact.

Wish me luck again!
Old May 4, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by aragno
Complete! It wasn't too bad overall. SQ had a tough time understanding what I wanted. They kept telling me "we cannot transfer your miles" even though I clearly stated. Please delete the miles from my account and take NO FURTHER ACTION. (okay, I didn't yell)

Anyway... CO credited even though it was more than 6 months because I had such a hard time with SQ understanding their mistake.

Now I will attempt for the wife which was also screwed up but she has lost her boarding pass- but hoping CO will recognize she obviously had one since SQ credited the miles... and we will have evidence from her KrisFlyer account to illustrate this fact.

Wish me luck again!
I have had minimal (read: no) luck getting post-flight credit from CO on partner airlines w/o a BP. My strong recommendation is to leave the miles as-is, since if you delete them from KrisFlyer there is a good chance you will never see them again in either program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.