Wiki Posts
Search

100k EQM Level with CO?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, HH Silver
100k EQM Level with CO?

Will CO likely raise their EQM Plat level to 100k or possibly add an additional level at 100K to align with the current UA relationship?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not for the 2010 program year.

For 2011 and beyond it is anyone's guess.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Do we know that it won't happen for 2010, or is this speculation ?. I've been kind of waiting to see what each program offers before deciding between the two for 2010. I finished 1k and Platinum this year
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Do we know that it won't happen for 2010, or is this speculation ?
CO has stated that the criteria for Platinum will remain at 75k for next year. With less than two months left in the qualifying year, changing the requalification requirements at this point would be disingenuous at best.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:57 pm

OK, so I just enrolled my girlfriend into onepass, and this is what her account looks like, with the "progress bar":
http://pic.gd/d576d8

This is pretty clear, isn't it??? Bug? Something else?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:59 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Benjh
OK, so I just enrolled my girlfriend into onepass, and this is what her account looks like, with the "progress bar":
Looks like it's 25% 50% 75% 100% of the way to Silver, Gold or Plat status?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
I hope they don't increase it to 100K. And if they decide to do so, I would expect some serious perks to be added. Delta used to be 100 K. for platinum, before Continental and Northwest joined skyteam. Delta lowered the requirement to 75K, to match Continental and Northwest, and removed the free crown room remembership that used to be part of being platinum... also to put them in sync with Continental and Northwest.

At that time Delta was a larger airline than Continental, and yet it was DL that made the changes... this time around who knows which airline will make the changes so the partners are all in sync, but it seems clear someone will be making some changes.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by xyzzy
CO has stated that the criteria for Platinum will remain at 75k for next year. With less than two months left in the qualifying year, changing the requalification requirements at this point would be disingenuous at best.
Everyone here may think that business people are flying but my if my upgrades are any indication of business activity, then things are still quite chilly on that front. I have been getting routine 5 day EUAs for the past 6 months and things have not changed, even on the heavily traveled routes between hubs. The only exceptions have been the international connections in and out of EWR where BF passengers are connecting to local flights and absorbing F inventory.

Based on the above, I just don't think that there are that many people attaining that magic 100k level that everyone thinks is going to be the new PE. However, now that I said it, just watch
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
dup post...
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Avis Preferred; PriorityClub Gold; nada anywhere else

This is pretty clear, isn't it??? Bug? Something else?
The progress bar is telling her that she has 0% of the 25,000 EQMs required for silver status. If/when she makes silver the bar will start showing % to gold, and then to plat.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:52 pm

That's strange, that's absolutely not what I have.
I have one bar with a treshold for silver, one for Gold, one for plat.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
That's strange, that's absolutely not what I have.
I have one bar with a treshold for silver, one for Gold, one for plat.
Look at the picture you posted. Above the bar it says, "OnePass Silver Elite Progress," and below the bar it says, "0% 25% 50% 75% 100%."

Once you have attained at least Silver status the bar says, "Elite Status Progress" above the bar and, "Silver Gold Platinum" below it.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
I doubt they will raise plat to 100K and leave a huge gap of customers in between gold and platinum. Those customers would go elsewhere and find a program that would recognize and reward their business. Creating a 100K level above platinum, now that’s a different story.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: Continental
absolutely

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
I doubt they will raise plat to 100K and leave a huge gap of customers in between gold and platinum. Those customers would go elsewhere and find a program that would recognize and reward their business. Creating a 100K level above platinum, now that’s a different story.
There are a lot of Plats that fly between 75-90K per year.
If it is raised to 100k, many will fly only 50K, then get status on a another airline.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors DVIP, UA 1K
Betting on a new level...

I'm betting that they will create a new level above Plat. UA has a 'secret" level, Global Services that they invite you into when you reach unpublished (but discussed openly in the MP forum) levels of overpriced ticket purchases. Perhaps they will model after that. I would love to see a higher level, especially with the double EQM programs they have been running, but they would be foolish to move Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.