"Oz Fest #4" - Melbourne Australia - Memorial Day weekend May 25-27, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2006, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown

Hello all.

This seems to have all started with a rush. WOW!

Please put Sue and I down as definite starters and I'm putting together a few other thoughts for accommodation and venues. ^
Bill, I am pretty sure you will be able to assist Mwenenzi and serfty with some useful input on Hotels and suggestions etc.

I think you just "volunteered" to join the MEL 2007 organising committee.

Glen
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:15 am

Please put me down as Gold. I'm sure I can take the short trip to MEL for the event.

I stayed at Rydges cbd melbourne late last year. The hotel was nice - better than some Hilton's I've been to in Australia, but not the best hotel in Melbourne either. Overall it was a good hotel for the time I was there and was the right price.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Yup, put me down for Gold. I can prob. roll out of bed for it I'm sure

just on the airport Hilton - they have a rate I think AUD 155 or so (was the last time I checked) called the Plane Spotters rate - they supposedly guarantee you an airport/runway view room. full HH perks too (I called and asked).

Although as a MEL resident I'm not sure I'd want to head on out there just for that, but it might be an appropriate kind of thing for FT as others said !
Anyone with HHonors status will almost certainly get airport view in my experience. The rooms at the end aren't bad As well as the view the hotel also has channels for arrival/departure screens.

Personally I dont think MEL Hilton is a good location for the do, but HHonors folk may want to spend their first or last night in Melbourne there (for the extra stay credit of course).
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:43 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
(for the extra stay credit of course).
Why would you do anything for any reason other than credit ?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 7:05 am

I think I've already said yes but for some reason I'm not on the list. Put me down as a Gold.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 7:33 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Put me down as a Platinum and Mrs QF QP as a Silver. I'll be coming down to see clients, however Mrs QF WP (she and I are hoping) wil have her hands full by that stage. In fact, that would be the only reason I would have to cancel at short notice...

I agree that there probably needs to be a central meeting place, depending on the proximity to the next proposed activity. I'm sure that a lot of people will choose Hilton on the Park (as a lot of us at each ozfest are Hilton Gold or Diamond) and we'll all come over in convoy to wherever the meeting point is designated.

I just wouldn't want to be a PC Platinum expecting a Suite upgrade if there are a number of FT'ers staying there

Last edited by QF WP; Jun 14, 2006 at 7:53 am Reason: adding comment
Old Jun 14, 2006, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP

Put me down as a Platinum ....
Neat. ^

Possibly Mwenenzi will very shortly regret offering to keep the attendee list updated.

I imagine we are around 13 Platinum Confirmed already with new sign-ups QF009, jswong, Itsalongwaydown and Sue, michswiss and several additional Golds. And still a year out.

I have the feeling this will be one heck of a BIG Doo.

When co-organiser serfty gets back from the USA he will be amazed at how many posts already on this.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:41 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Add me as a silver at this stage.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
You can count me in as a probable definite certain maybe for Ozfest IV. Hilton sounds good to me.

OK I will be there if I am not somewhere else.

Did someone mention golf?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:21 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I think the Hilton on the Park's location, while not optimal, is not BAD - specially if some want to repeat a dose of AFL and go to the footy - the MCG (the true HOME of footy!) is right over the road! It's just a quick tram ride into the city from there so I think it's an OK location, though some of the SouthBank properties might be a bit nicer. The Grand Hyatt also has nice rooms, having had the pleasure to visit one a few months ago. Gorgeous view The Melbourne Hilton roomwise is a bit blah I'd have to say. Not horrible, but I'd say the BNE Hilton is nicer.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps
When co-organiser serfty gets back from the USA he will be amazed at how many posts already on this.
I think he will be too scared to even look
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Can I come? It depends on a whole pile of things, BUT cant see why not....
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:38 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TIMP
Can I come? It depends on a whole pile of things, BUT cant see why not....
Absolutely ^ ...who knows, we need a venue for Ozfest 5 in 2008, maybe Hobart ...and we will need local organisers
Old Jun 20, 2006, 1:29 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Count me as a Silver. Probably ex-ZRH if at all, I have to see how schedules work out.

Cheers,

Alex
Old Jun 21, 2006, 2:30 am

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Originally Posted by kpc
Absolutely ^ ...who knows, we need a venue for Ozfest 5 in 2008, maybe Hobart ...and we will need local organisers
Can we deal with that thought AFTER I finish my PhD please???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.