Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Are the tags available?? I tried to buy a couple a while back and the PayPal transaction didn't work and I got an email back from them saying that the flyertalk account wasn't set up or something similar....
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:06 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
FlyingLaw, the luggage tags seem to be available now! Not sure what would've been happening before.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
A few years ago I used to see FTers or FT tags a lot more often......maybe I just need to get out and fly more
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Tags work!

It's tucked behind the side handle and not that visible so while I haven't met another FTer, on all two of the flights I've checked the bag since putting it on, it's come out as the first bag onto the carrousel both times! ^ Obviously the baggage handlers at EUG recognize the yellow priority tag just like United's handle wraps.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by rustykettel
It's tucked behind the side handle and not that visible so while I haven't met another FTer, on all two of the flights I've checked the bag since putting it on, it's come out as the first bag onto the carrousel both times! ^ Obviously the baggage handlers at EUG recognize the yellow priority tag just like United's handle wraps.
They're also great for luggage identification. In the case where it's not your bag, you'll end up posting in this thread.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
No hello's from any FT'ers on a recent trip YYZ-LHR-BHD and return for my wife and me with FT tags on my flight bag and our checked suitcase. Arriving back at YYZ on a packed BA flight, we got to the luggage carousel where I stood and watched many suitcases similar to ours passing by endlessly with no others coming out. My wife spotted about 20 or 30 suitcases standing at the back of the carousel and walked over to see if ours was among the many other similar sized black cases. A few moments later she waved at me to come to that point, as she had found our suitcase, which had probably been taken off to make room for more luggage arriving.

I asked her how she had been able to quickly find our suitcase among so many others of the same general shape, size and color. "I saw your yellow Flyertalk tag on it, so it was easy for me to spot".

So while the original FT intention of meeting and greeting other FT'ers didn't happen, on this trip that tag saved us some time and possible aggravation of having to go to BA's baggage office to make an inquiry and claim for lost luggage which was in the right spot after all.

bj-21.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by tom911
Noticed wrxmom just ahead of me as we entered the doorway for AA's 1900 LAX-LHR last night.
I just ran into wrxmom on a MR to PTY.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Hello all. I ordered my tags on 27 Feb and yet to receive them. Does it normally take this long to deliver?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by IBJoel
FlyingLaw, the luggage tags seem to be available now! Not sure what would've been happening before.
Got them!!!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: A3*G
Hi All!

I just found this topic and I ordered right away a pin for my backpack!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I ordered my tags and pins on the 14 March 2016. Any news on how long they will take? Granted I live in Sweden so I would assume about long then if I lived in the US
Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
I have an FT tag on the side of my daypack, and wrxmom had a bright yelllow one on her bag that couldn't be missed, which is how I first saw her (and she knew who I was right away - maybe from past photos as I can't recall meeting her).
Nope, that was our first meeting. But I recognized your from your avatar and trip reports.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skunker
I just ran into wrxmom on a MR to PTY.
Always a pleasure seeing you on an MR. Maybe next time to DFW?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

whimike spotted me on the 3/21 departure of CX881. It was right after deplaning when he saw the tag. ^

Shiakasen spotted my tag in Nara at the OSA DO... ^ *or so I've been told.

Bob* also was adorned with a tag today to help keep the group together. *I'm not sure how Bob got his name
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
I ordered my tags and pins on the 14 March 2016. Any news on how long they will take? Granted I live in Sweden so I would assume about long then if I lived in the US
I ordered mine last month and I think they arrived close to a week later. Mailed from California to Texas. Granted I ordered them on a Friday night.

I also had to use this Youtube video to figure out how to attach it to my bag:

Last edited by krazykanuck; Mar 26, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.