Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - March 3-5 Anyone???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2000, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

PDX - March 3-5 Anyone???

Anyone up for drinks, coffee, lunch, brunch, dinner this first March weekend? Shadow and I have briefly discussed in another forum the possibility of a mini get-together then. We'll (patient husband in tow) be down there for pure pleasure--the antique expo and the never-to-be-missed opportunity to buy books at Powells and staying at the Marriott City Center. Friday night is good or Sunday brunch or maybe a latish dinner on Saturday. I'd love the opportunity to meet any FT'ers living in or visiting the area. Step forward please.

Essxjay where are you that weekend?
Old Jan 14, 2000, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Can you make it a day earlier? It's 1st Thursday and MiKhaela will have a show and performance in the PDX Art Walk. We are all flying down the 2nd but have to come back that same night. Well, maybe I can stay over.
Old Jan 14, 2000, 7:22 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Punki: Yeah!! I can definitely try to make it a day earlier if it means we get to include you and Joe and any of your kids (and their art). Let me see about changing our hotel reservation and taking another day off from work (what a shame!). This has got to be fate, after all, with you in town at that time.
Old Jan 15, 2000, 10:11 am
Suspended

Jackie and Shadow? Samantha? It would also be wonderful to meet some new folks from PDX.

Old Jan 15, 2000, 2:00 pm

How about it, Ling? Can you make it up from Eugene?

I think I've seen posts from someone named Portland 1K, also...
Old Jan 17, 2000, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
I'll definitely be home that weekend and would love to meet up with y'all. I have plans on Friday, but am up for drinks/dinner on Saturday. Keep me posted.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 9:25 am
Suspended

We will definitely be there Thursday evening for the Art Walk and my daughter's performance, but am not sure about any other times. I am afraid, I know it's sad but true, that we will end up flying back Friday to work.

Of course, I have been known to fly back and forth to PDX several days in a row.

Old Jan 18, 2000, 9:45 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Punki: If you think you might have time on Thursday at all, we will come in then and enjoy the arts walk too. (Is your daughter's performance open to the public too?) We can get together with shadow and essxjay and ANY OTHERS too shy to respond yet later in the weekend. However, I think it is an excellent idea for you to come back down Saturday or Sunday to join us!!
Let's hear it for Punki/Joe's return to PDX!

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 01-18-2000).]
Old Jan 18, 2000, 12:02 pm

Let's hear it for Punki/Joe's return to PDX!
Yaaaaayyyyyyyyy!
Old Jan 18, 2000, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Yes, by all means, the performance is open to the public and it would be wonderful if everyone came.

At this point, I don't see any reason Joe and I can't fly back Saturday and play. What should we do? Can we dance?
Old Jan 18, 2000, 5:18 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Punki: From all accounts, Yes, you can dance!

And we all vote for you and Joe to come back. If dancing is what it takes, then we're dancing.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 7:51 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Hey shadow,

The best I can do is Wednesday the 1st! Sorry guys, I've got to work on the weekends. I did commit to the New Orleans FT get-together, although I'm arriving that Sunday, February 20th. And I've got a room reserved at the Marriott 7/22-7/26 (Sat-Wed) for the Montreal FAQ, just waiting for a fare sale.

Have lots of fun!!
Thanks for thinking of me...

Linda
Old Jan 18, 2000, 8:11 pm

Punki, TravelWeary, Ling & others...see my post under General Travel Talk about PDX roadway construction.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/000837.html
Old Jan 19, 2000, 10:15 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Well, I'm sorry I'll miss Ling, although it looks like we'll get a chance to meet in Montreal. I have changed our reservations and will come in on Thursday, 3/2, to catch MiKhaela's performance and other artsy things. We will stay until Sunday, so we'll have lots of opps for get-togethers. It looks like we are close to convincing Punki and Joe to come back on Saturday, so that's looking good right now.
Old Feb 3, 2000, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Cool

From Olympia I get gossip that TravelWeary (the extremely high energy) and Michael (the way far relaxed) have confirmed attendance at 1st Thursday for March in PDX art walk.

Joe, Dom and I will be there with our lovely Russian daughter Anya and her brand new husband (and our long time employee) Richard. I fly in from Vegas Thursday AM after a meeting in SEA we'll all come down to PDX. Joe and I have to return to SEA for a Friday morning meeting, but will fly back on Sat if you all want to play.

We should make Jackie co-social director for Saturday. She is a stitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.