Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO X, April 7-9, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO X, April 7-9, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Put me and +1 one down for Thursday. Thanks.
May I assume you are making the reservation? Last year we were very late & closed the place. May I suggest 7ish this time?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rxgeek
May I assume you are making the reservation? Last year we were very late & closed the place. May I suggest 7ish this time?
Ok, I can reserve. You 4, cocobird, Herb687, and me so far I guess.

Will put a list in the OP today. Anyone else interested, let me know. We might be able to get a private room.

EDIT: I just invited my parents and they are coming. Coincidentally, it will be their 61st anniversary!

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 23, 2017 at 7:32 am
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Have reserved for 9 people so far at Merrick Inn.

6:30 pm, Thursday April 6. Can change to 7:30 if desired by the group.

There are private rooms available if we get to a group of 10 or more. Max 14 or 16.

EDIT: Now up to 10 people. Have the "Red Room." themerrickinn.com

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 23, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
Would anyone be interested in Friday dinner at the Holly Hill Inn in Midway? It's been a few years since I've been there but it was a great place. Farm-to-table type upscale in a country house setting:
http://www.hollyhillinn.com/
I'm up for the Holly Hill Inn on Friday. I get in Friday mid-afternoon (otherwise I'd try to tag along on the Merrick outing on Thursday). I'll have a car, happy to drive others.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cocobird
I'd like to rideshare with others if they have space. I'm staying at the Sheraton 4 Points starting on Thursday afternoon and staying thru Sunday afternoon.

Landing at LEX at 3:40 pm, planing on taking Uber to the hotel. Am wondering if anyone is going to Merrick Inn for dinner that night.

Also am going on the hard hat tour.

Happy to contribute to cost.

My thanks if any of these trips work out for you and you can wouldn't mind a rideshare.

HI Cocobird,

I think we have the same plans (Four Points and Uber)

Do you think sharing uber makes since or does someone need a car?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Have reserved for 9 people so far at Merrick Inn.

6:30 pm, Thursday April 6. Can change to 7:30 if desired by the group.

There are private rooms available if we get to a group of 10 or more. Max 14 or 16.

EDIT: Now up to 10 people. Have the "Red Room." themerrickinn.com
I arrive at LEX at 9:30, too late for dinner but I'd be interested in any late night shenanigans.

Also I plan on working a half day from the hotel on Friday, so I'll join in for lunch and any afternoon activities on friday.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
HI Cocobird,

I think we have the same plans (Four Points and Uber)

Do you think sharing uber makes since or does someone need a car?
I am certain you'd come out ahead renting a car unless the rates are insane. Based on the last Uber ride I took, from the airport to the Four Points would be pushing $20 alone.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Kosher Bourbon?

Today's WSJ has an article titled "Artsy-Craftsy Booze Is Giving Kentucky Rabbis a Headache". Oy vey!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: US, HH
Looks like I can finally attend one of these DOs!

At this point arriving in time for dinner Thursday and departing likely after brunch Sunday. Asked toomanybooks earlier to add me to dinner Thursday and the Hard Hat tour, will see what else pans out for Fri/Sat.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
Looks like I can finally attend one of these DOs!

At this point arriving in time for dinner Thursday and departing likely after brunch Sunday. Asked toomanybooks earlier to add me to dinner Thursday and the Hard Hat tour, will see what else pans out for Fri/Sat.
Welcome aboard!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Stella's (see OP) for brunch Sunday 8:45 am confirmed. Head for the awning tables, south side of building, if the weather is nice.

Tour of the nearby Barrel House Distilling with tasting likely afterward.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Friday Agenda

Who will be around on Friday and interested in a horse farm tour?

Most of the more famous farms in the area are all booked up for Friday but there are a few lesser known farms with avaiability for tours ($20) starting between 1000-1115.

I'm thinking of doing one of these farm tours Friday morning. Often if I am out and about randomly driving west of town (Midway, Versailles, etc.) I wind up at Wallace Station for lunch so we could go there after a farm tour:
http://www.wallacestation.com/deli-m...-menu-10-2015/

Friday is opening day at Keeneland but as I will be going all day Saturday I'm still undecided about hitting the track Friday as well.

Old Friends has tours at 10, 1, and 3. Not sure about availability Friday. They do accommodate groups though if we wanted to make a group reservation...
http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/tours.html
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: US, HH
I would definitely be interested in a horse farm tour Friday.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:32 pm

Who will be around on Friday and interested in a horse farm tour?

Most of the more famous farms in the area are all booked up for Friday but there are a few lesser known farms with avaiability for tours ($20) starting between 1000-1115.

I'm thinking of doing one of these farm tours Friday morning. Often if I am out and about randomly driving west of town (Midway, Versailles, etc.) I wind up at Wallace Station for lunch so we could go there after a farm tour:
http://www.wallacestation.com/deli-m...-menu-10-2015/

Friday is opening day at Keeneland but as I will be going all day Saturday I'm still undecided about hitting the track Friday as well.

Old Friends has tours at 10, 1, and 3. Not sure about availability Friday. They do accommodate groups though if we wanted to make a group reservation...
http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/tours.html
My group of four has plans to go to Shaker Village on Friday but we would like to do a horse farm tour on Saturday if possible. If you find one with availability on Friday, please ask about Saturday.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:35 pm

I'm up for a Thursday night dinner at Merrick Inn.

Would anyone be interested in Friday dinner at the Holly Hill Inn in Midway? It's been a few years since I've been there but it was a great place. Farm-to-table type upscale in a country house setting:
http://www.hollyhillinn.com/
Please count my group of 4 as definitely interested. Will you be taking care of a reservation if needed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.