Search

Help me! Cheapest flight to OS Rio from benelux AMS-RIO

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, KLM
Help me! Cheapest flight to OS Rio from benelux AMS-RIO

Hi Everyone,
My sister is an athlete and she just qualified for the olypmic games in Rio in august. So Wow! So proud. But here's the thing. To see her competing, i am looking for the cheapest flight to Rio the janero from august 10 till 14 th, as work does not allow more days.... Departing ams,bru,dus and returning to same airports. (Prefer AMS)
Anyone got a good sugestion? Would really help me out!! Promise to give the golden find a dutch OS gadget.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DanielHolland
Hi Everyone,
My sister is an athlete and she just qualified for the olypmic games in Rio in august. So Wow! So proud. But here's the thing. To see her competing, i am looking for the cheapest flight to Rio the janero from august 10 till 14 th, as work does not allow more days.... Departing ams,bru,dus and returning to same airports. (Prefer AMS)
Anyone got a good sugestion? Would really help me out!! Promise to give the golden find a dutch OS gadget.
Congratulations on your sister's qualification!

I am moving this thread to Information Desk where I hope you may get some suggestions.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommmunityBuzz
Old May 25, 2016, 5:47 am

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...8-14;q=flights

Make sure to account for the time difference going back East. If you have to show up for work on Monday... then you have to leave on Saturday, 13th August or arrive on a flight arriving Monday and skip sleeping at home.

And also "Congratulations" and wish her all the best!
Old May 25, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Unfortunately Flyertalk has no inside game to get cheap fares.

I expect availability to Rio right before and during the Olympic fortnight will be (A) very scarce and (B) extremely expensive. You might do better pricewise flying to another LATAM station and taking a domestic flight on the final leg.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
And make sure you can get a hotel room when you arrive. Unless you are ok with staying at a hostel, you may not find a) a room at all, or b) a room for less than US$1,000 per night (and a mid-range one at that). Unfortunately, these are the perils of traveling to the Olympics made worse by Rio's relatively lack of quality hotel rooms.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
TAP is around 900€. Alternatively, I've seen TAM in C for around 1,300€ (which is much, but only little more than economy on other carriers). The TAM flight has the disadvantage of a stop in Brazil with a transfer time of 1.5 hours.

Last edited by WorldLux; May 27, 2016 at 2:09 pm Reason: typo
Old May 26, 2016, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
...a stop in Brasil???
Old May 26, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
...a stop in Brasil???
Connecting in Sao Paulo? IIRC, GRU does twice the passenger volume of any other Brazilian airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.