Wiki Posts
Search

August 8, 2015 -- cfischer meets DLroads and dhammer53 and drinks good juice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wrp96
As much as I like to believe the world revolves around me, I'm not quite powerful enough to get a musician to change the date of their concert at MSG.
Trying to appreciate music at MSG is like listening to it on the IFE with the earbuds that the airline sells you for $2. IME it is a complete waste of time and money.

To consider doing that instead of coming to one of the NYC wine dinners is completely daft. Put the tickets on StubHub and attend a function that has some merit. @:-)
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by monitor
Trying to appreciate music at MSG is like listening to it on the IFE with the earbuds that the airline sells you for $2. IME it is a complete waste of time and money.

To consider doing that instead of coming to one of the NYC wine dinners is completely daft. Put the tickets on StubHub and attend a function that has some merit. @:-)
Well, the group of friends I'm going with would probably not be happy if I deserted them.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by wrp96
As much as I like to believe the world revolves around me, I'm not quite powerful enough to get a musician to change the date of their concert at MSG.
Bolding mine. Sorry wrp96, the world revolves around me, not you.

Try to save the date for our annual June WineDo in NYC on June 12, 2016.

dh
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dhammer53
....Try to save the date for our annual June WineDo in NYC on June 12, 2016....
Aaaargh.

Now I need to change so many appointments and commitments around with such short advance notice.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Bolding mine. Sorry wrp96, the world revolves around me, not you.

Try to save the date for our annual June WineDo in NYC on June 12, 2016.

dh
Making a note now to hopefully be able to join you next June.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Bumpy bump

The list of good wines is growing and I hope the list of good attendees will match...

Between the Krug (NV) , and Gosset or Louis Roederer Cristal Brut (98 and 05 respectively), and 07 Domaine Yves Cuilleron Condrieu Les Chaillets, '08 Lewelling Cab Wight (sorry for the error before, dh), '08 EMH black cat cab, and '08 Kamen Estate Cab or 2008 Outpost Cab True Vineyard...
there must me something for everyone

Last edited by DLroads; Jul 25, 2015 at 10:29 am Reason: corrected and updated
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLroads
'08 Lewelling Cab
I would never bring this. I'm bringing the superior, and WineDo worthy '08 Lewelling Cab Wight. Big difference.

dh
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Will never make that mistake again, dan ^

If there will be enough FT traffic, I will bring something that FTers like. I'd say no more.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DLroads
Will never make that mistake again, dan ^

If there will be enough FT traffic, I will bring something that FTers like. I'd say no more.
That comment is a bit scary, because if they can earn miles y/o points, FTers would like this:

Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

EB1K, the serving would be much better than that
What's your excuse for not joining?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That comment is a bit scary, because if they can earn miles y/o points, FTers would like this:

I wonder how many FT'ers bought wine from USAir/AA and the others just to get the bonus miles?

dh
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
coming in from PHL that evening, but may be able to join. Will keep you guys posted.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:00 am

Just came across this... Am interested and will update as I sort my schedule out...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
To be honest I don't know good wine from mediocre, but I will be looking for dinner in lower Manhattan that evening. Let me know if you feel like welcoming a disoriented drifter with empty hands, but bringing an open wallet.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suvayanr
coming in from PHL that evening, but may be able to join. Will keep you guys posted.
Keep us posted, suvayanr ^

Originally Posted by FredEX17
Just came across this... Am interested and will update as I sort my schedule out...
See the note above Keep us posted, FredEX17^

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
To be honest I don't know good wine from mediocre, but I will be looking for dinner in lower Manhattan that evening. Let me know if you feel like welcoming a disoriented drifter with empty hands, but bringing an open wallet.
Welcome aboard, Ambraciot . WineDO's are all about learning some good wines, so said dhammer53. And it's good that you will be able to welcome a fellow BOS FTer. As for the wine, you can always outsource from my micro cellar . If you'd like, PM me for details :-)
Link to some previous wineDO's are available in the first posting of this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.