Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Employees for study?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Smile Airline Employees for study?

Hi, hope this is an appropriate forum to ask, and post this.

I'm a student doing my masters degree in communications in Cardiff, Wales. I'm doing my dissertation on communication crisis management within airlines, and I'm looking for people who do, or have, worked in the industry who would be willing to grant an interview.

I'm looking for all levels of employees, from management, to crew, to desk agents. The interview can take place by email, Skype, or if you're in the U.K. in person. Whatever you prefer.

So my question, is there anyone lurking here in the forums willing to participate in the study? The interview can be completely anonymous.

If you have any question, feel free to PM me or ask... I'd be grateful in any assistance.

Thank you!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the study can be "completely anonymous" how do you intend to verify that the person (minimally) really is/was an airline employee? You could get responses from bored thirteen year old kids.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the study can be "completely anonymous" how do you intend to verify that the person (minimally) really is/was an airline employee? You could get responses from bored thirteen year old kids.
In this context, "anonymous" probably means that the participant's name won't be revealed to anyone except the investigator.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Efrem
In this context, "anonymous" probably means that the participant's name won't be revealed to anyone except the investigator.
Perhaps, but the OP said "completely anonymous."
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Yes, sorry, a bit of misunderstanding. Yes, I'd want to be certain of the identity of the interviewee, but they can be anonymized within the study if they'd prefer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.