Search

Third Annual Non-Denominational Kosher Hannuka Do

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Confirm me as well, Dovster. I'm now leaving on a 5:30am Christmas day - award inventory disappeared in the 10 minutes I was contemplating.

I'd love to return to McSorley's - it has been a few years. Unfortunately, in my time away I've picked up a wheelchair and am not sure that one can get in there?
Sorry, but I have no idea. I would imagine that you could but would suggest that you call them and ask. I think the bigger problem might be getting a cab on Christmas Eve to get from the Deli to McSorley's.

I will update the first post in a moment.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Lunch is at 12:30? Anyone down for a drink or two after? I want to get my Skypesos worth!
Originally Posted by Dovster
I would be happy to go to McSorley's Old Ale House with you. Is having ale in a historic pub your thing?

BTW, see Post # 1 to see who is certain to be there.
I'll probably be done with work around 2 or 3 that day -- I'd love to join you guys for a drink in the afternoon Just not too late though, since I will have a flight out of JFK later that evening.

-J.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
SDC madness

I might be able to SDC to the BWI-JFK flight arriving 255, JFK-SEA departing 655; bag will be checked through to SEA, so I would only be carrying my laptop case

given that the forecast is for light rain showers, what's the consensus as to whether that's enough time to Uber to and from McSorley's?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'll probably be done with work around 2 or 3 that day -- I'd love to join you guys for a drink in the afternoon Just not too late though, since I will have a flight out of JFK later that evening.

-J.
Get off work earlier - I have a 7 pm to LHR from EWR that night.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

-J.
Originally Posted by jrl767
I might be able to SDC to the BWI-JFK flight arriving 255, JFK-SEA departing 655; bag will be checked through to SEA, so I would only be carrying my laptop case

given that the forecast is for light rain showers, what's the consensus as to whether that's enough time to Uber to and from McSorley's?
My first suggestion is that someone call McSorley's today and find out if they will be open -- it will be, after all, Christmas Eve.

Secondly, perhaps some New Yorker can tell you what traffic will be like leaving Manhattan on that day. I suspect that it might be very heavy as people rush home to Queens and Long Island.

If so, you would be better off taking the subway to Penn Station and then getting on the train to JFK.

Lastly, if you want my US cell phone number, send me a PM. That way you can call me before leaving JFK to see if there has been any last minute change in plans. We might wind up heading somewhere other than McSorley's.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak

-J.
I was hoping to meet you and was wondering why you had gone from definite to off the list. I'll definitely be around the remainder of the day and will be free until midnight Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

will be free until midnight Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
It's a beautiful ceremony and I imagine that it is outstanding at St. Patrick's. I have been to several European cathedrals for Christmas midnight Mass (obviously, as an observer only) and would be tempted to join you but as I am arriving in NYC at 5 am on Dec 24 (after a 12 hour flight) and flying out of JFK in the early morning the next day I suspect I will have to go to sleep long before then.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
It's a beautiful ceremony and I imagine that it is outstanding at St. Patrick's. I have been to several European cathedrals for Christmas midnight Mass (obviously, as an observer only) and would be tempted to join you but as I am arriving in NYC at 5 am on Dec 24 (after a 12 hour flight) and flying out of JFK in the early morning the next day I suspect I will have to go to sleep long before then.
Which flight are you on in the morning? 6am to ATL by any chance? I'll be on that one.

Very much looking forward to the Mass. One of my former pastors is very close friends with Cardinal Dolan and I have been hoping to meet him for quite some time. I would invite you, but it is unfortunately a ticketed event.

Don't think I'm going to keep my hotel the night of the 24th given the 6am flight and midnight Mass combo. I'll go to JFK and get some work done afterwards.

They are really holding back UGs on the JFK flights this week, so no idea where I stand in the lottery. I'll be at the bottom of the DM list because of my award ticket, though it is a peak-level for me on the return.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Which flight are you on in the morning? 6am to ATL by any chance? I'll be on that one.
No, I will be on the 10:15 am flight to LAS. However, that means my waking up at 6 am, getting dressed, re-packed, and eating breakfast before heading to JFK.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:25 am

No, I will be on the 10:15 am flight to LAS. However, that means my waking up at 6 am, getting dressed, re-packed, and eating breakfast before heading to JFK.
You said earlier you'd be in LAS for a week and a half? I'm flying into LAS Jan. 2nd at 11am. Will you still be in town? Leaving Vegas on the 5th.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:01 am
Original Poster

You said earlier you'd be in LAS for a week and a half? I'm flying into LAS Jan. 2nd at 11am. Will you still be in town? Leaving Vegas on the 5th.
I have a flight out of Vegas at 11:15 pm on Jan 2.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:08 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I'd like to join as a possible.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I'd like to join as a possible.
I will add you to the list as soon as I finish typing this post.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:54 pm

Still possible to join?

I would love to join if possible and bring a +1.

Our plans just recently firmed up as my husband and I are flying out of JFK at 6pm that night to Salzburg via Zurich.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I will add you to the list as soon as I finish typing this post.
Did you finish typing it yet?
Originally Posted by fungirl
I would love to join if possible and bring a +1.

Our plans just recently firmed up as my husband and I are flying out of JFK at 6pm that night to Salzburg via Zurich.
It is cruel to the Dovster to have a FlyerTalk name such as fungirl and announce that you are coming — and then mention a husband as a +1...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.