Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Bristol, UK FT DO: 19th Sept 2014

Hello,

Fellow FTer Ikaz and I are hosting an FT DO in Bristol UK 19th Sept

We hope to arrange a tour of an aviation related organisation in the area which will require pre registration if it does go forward but there are also events in the evening and next day for those interested that do not require any formal registration or commitment.

For more details please see the existing thread on the BA forum here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...pt-2014-a.html

I do appreciate that cross posting is not desired/tolerated but hope the mods will humour me this one time.

Hope to see you in Bristol, open to all (FTers and suffering friends/partners/spouses!)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 8, 2014 at 2:46 am Reason: Updated to reflect date of 19th Sept
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for posting this in CommunityBuzz to bring the DO to the attention of those who don't frequent the BA forum. It will be added to the Consolidated Do list once the date is fixed.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Will have to look at the schedule, but might be able to make it...depends on if I'm willing to drive that far () or take the train...

Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rwoman
Will have to look at the schedule, but might be able to make it...depends on if I'm willing to drive that far () or take the train...

You might want to post this in the main thread (linked in the first post) to keep all the discussion in one place.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks for posting this in CommunityBuzz to bring the DO to the attention of those who don't frequent the BA forum.
Agree - thanks!

Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Efrem
You might want to post this in the main thread (linked in the first post) to keep all the discussion in one place.
Why? CommunityBuzz is the official get-together forum for the FlyerTalk community. It is of course the right place for the post. Everyone else is posting in a wrong forum.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Why? CommunityBuzz is the official get-together forum for the FlyerTalk community. It is of course the right place for the post. Everyone else is posting in a wrong forum.
I know...silly me for posting where meet ups/do's are supposed to be posted.

Actually, if you look at the wiki in the original thread, I did add my name there.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for posting this in CommunityBuzz to bring the DO to the attention of those who don't frequent the BA forum. It will be added to the Consolidated Do list once the date is fixed.
^ Cheers. In future, I now know to post DO threads here but this old(ish) dog is trying to learn new tricks.

Go on, you know you want to! Would be great to meet you (and any other FTer, especially if they are not BA regulars)...just to hear other viewpoints and have other discussions. Hope you see you there!

I've thought about this and as I started the thread in the BA forum and mostly 'hang out' there, I'll leave the main thread there and just monitor here for other potentially interested people. In future (should I live through this DO) I'll behave and start and post everything here. Thanks to everyone for their understanding. Please feel free to post in either thread and I'll pick it up.

Actually, if you look at the wiki in the original thread, I did add my name there.
Thanks ^ (I did see your name in the wikipost and was wondering if I had missed something!)

Cheers, hope to see many new and familiar faces at the DO.

I'll be updating the news and timings this weekend after talking to my partner in crime Ikaz. Watch this space.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
count me in with a +1
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Will be great to meet you holmedown ^

Also, date now set for the 19th Sept.

Main thread updated with latest info.

Anyone else now that the date is fixed? @:-)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Hotel info now added to the thread and in the wiki along with some updates...

Unfortunately, Airbus has declined our request for a tour of the Filton factory, however, my co-host, Ikaz is trying to see if we can visit Rolls-Royce which is also nearby.

Anyone else interested in joining us for a nice day/evening on 19th Sept? @:-)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:43 am

Drat - I'd like to, as I'll be in AMS for a trade show just prior to that. In past years I stayed extra & attended the VIE Do which was on similar weekend so would have done the same for the Bristol Do, but bizness is down & finances don't allow the extra days/separate trip to Bristol. BristolTraveller will be at the same trade show as me, but given his handle my guess he'll be able to make it. Have fun!

PS - If by chance I win the lotto between now & then I'll be there

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Drat - I'd like to, as I'll be in AMS for a trade show just prior to that. In past years I stayed extra & attended the VIE Do which was on similar weekend so would have done the same for the Bristol Do, but bizness is down & finances don't allow the extra days/separate trip to Bristol. BristolTraveller will be at the same trade show as me, but given his handle my guess he'll be able to make it. Have fun!

PS - If by chance I win the lotto between now & then I'll be there

Cheers.
Hi SkiAdcock, shame it won't work out this time, would have been great to meet you (have definitely benefitted from your hotel reviews in past ^ ) but I think I can speak for all of us at the Bristol DO...we'll keep our fingers crossed that you win the lotto for obvious reasons

BristolTraveller has indeed indicated they will be there so looking forward to meeting them along with many others ^

Anyone else? @:-) You know you want to... (c'mon, ship shape and Bristol fashion if you please... )
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:44 am

Tell BristolTraveller to line up some clients for me that need p.r. help at the show & then I'll be able to make it I'll see him briefly at the show. We usually try to meet for a quick pint/sandwich for lunch at exhibition restaurant.

Cheers.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Tell BristolTraveller to line up some clients for me that need p.r. help at the show & then I'll be able to make it I'll see him briefly at the show. We usually try to meet for a quick pint/sandwich for lunch at exhibition restaurant.

Cheers.
Will do ^ I'll keep a spare seat ready for you just in case plans do change @:-)

I'll also use this post to mention that my cohost Ikaz has heard back from Rolls Royce and they do indeed 'do' tours. Typically, not on the day we wish (Friday) but we are asking if they will make an exception for 20 of their most arduous fans , would make an interesting morning and a great start to the DO :-:

If anyone is just seeing this for the first time, or has now had a change of plans and would like to join us...please DO! Open to all and the more the merrier.

Also, assuming someone here was kind enough to have mentioned the DO and thread for the TalkMail...I'll use this occasion to say a heartfelt West country 'Cheers Drive' ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.