• Visit Cellar
  • Open Bottles
  • Repeat OFTEN
  • Optional Cigar Break
Print Wikipost

Alaska BBQ & ADQ DO Part 2 - July 20-23, 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Alaska BBQ & ADQ DO Part 2 - July 20-23, 2014

I love Kodiak. ðŸ³ðŸŸðŸ‹☔️
Old May 31, 2014, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
And a Pre BBQ BBQ

Not sure when though?
Sunday, July 20. Mid-afternoon assault on the Wall-O-Wine™ will begin.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm still considering ADQ. I don't think its even possible for the weather to be as nice as it was before. Have people booked their flights?....
Four of us have booked the Monday morning flight with BOB W. Some are returning on Tuesday evening and others on Wednesday.

The flightseeing floatplane is scheduled for 3PM on Monday 21June. We are crossing our fingers for good weather but if it is bad, we are likely to plug the ride in for Tuesday at 8AM. There are the four of us confirmed and I don't know if there is room for anyone else.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Sunday, July 20. Mid-afternoon assault on the Wall-O-Wine™ will begin.
Noo... a pre BBQ to this

I imagine once you return to ANC we'll have another spout of sun if the other S*$! word goes away!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by monitor
Four of us have booked the Monday morning flight with BOB W. Some are returning on Tuesday evening and others on Wednesday.

The flightseeing floatplane is scheduled for 3PM on Monday 21June. We are crossing our fingers for good weather but if it is bad, we are likely to plug the ride in for Tuesday at 8AM. There are the four of us confirmed and I don't know if there is room for anyone else.
I wouldn't be able to afford flightseeing this time around anyways so not an issue.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Noo... a pre BBQ to this

I imagine once you return to ANC we'll have another spout of sun if the other S*$! word goes away!
CDKing is in town this Saturday. We could do something that afternoon/evening.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a Pre-pre-pre DO BBQ with grillmaster Beckoa . Well actually its a Pre Pre Pre Pre DO since a few attendees will be at Soup DO in NYC on the 13th.

Last edited by CDKing; Jun 2, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
a Pre-pre-pre DO BBQ with grillmaster Beckoa . Well actually its a Pre Pre Pre Pre DO since a few attendees will be at Soup DO in NYC on the 13th.

Hope it works out- have one potential conflict but will follow up.

Last edited by beckoa; Jun 3, 2014 at 12:21 am Reason: update
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a friendly bump since its only a few weeks away. Ive almost made up my mind about ADQ but cannot make any real decision until after July 2nd.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:17 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Just a friendly bump since its only a few weeks away. Ive almost made up my mind about ADQ but cannot make any real decision until after July 2nd.
Well my schedule at work has changed so I *might* be getting off earlier on the Sunday of the BBQ...subject to change of course this far out
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well my schedule at work has changed so I *might* be getting off earlier on the Sunday of the BBQ...subject to change of course this far out
Put in that request now, please. Your BBQ Master Chef skill will be eagerly anticipated.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:20 pm

Put in that request now, please. Your BBQ Master Chef skill will be eagerly anticipated.

Well if I'm in my regular position that's when I'm off. If I am needed elsewhere that's what causes the uncertainty.

Good night to skip the bbq and head to the cellar with the precipitation though ^
Old Jul 3, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now that mercury retrograde is over i can formally decide.

I will still be attending the BBQ but I will not be attending the Kodiak portion. Will be off on an Ravn operated by Hageland run to Nome on the 21st & 22nd. 1355 miles of Q200's, Cessna's and Piper's. Seems they may no longer be allowed so I decided to keep what i already booked. As long as no stops are omitted i will be doing ANC-UNK-SMK-WBB-OME-WAA-KTS-TLA-OME-WBB-SMK-UNK-ANC with overnight at Aurora Inn.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:48 am
Original Poster

i will be doing ANC-UNK-SMK-WBB-OME-WAA-KTS-TLA-OME-WBB-SMK-UNK-ANC with overnight at Aurora Inn.
We might need to ban you from FT for taking such a direct route to get to OME
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Requests can now be made for the menu for the BBQ. If none are given, attendees beware

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.