The Cinco De Mayo in South Beach DO, May 2-4, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Cinco De Mayo in South Beach DO, May 2-4, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Christian/Chiflero... should we plan a FT AirBNB place from Friday to Sunday?...
I'll add Poley to the discussion on FB...
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
That could be interesting...the 2:45pm to me works best with what we want to get accomplished... I'll take a look at it...
Absolutely yes
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Absolutely yes
accordign to google maps, the location is some 90 miles from South Beach, about an hour and a half to two drive depending on traffic, so it could allows us to get back to Miami around 5:30-6…

Can we start a poll or list of potential ideas?

Also, this is my 1400th post!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
You certainly do not need to go over to the Gulf Coast to find an interesting airboat tour of the Glades with lots of gators and other stuff to see only a short ride from MIA.

I really can't be more specific about the Miami-Dade tours since the one that I take our visitors on is in Deerfield Beach, a short drive from our place in Palm Beach County.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
accordign to google maps, the location is some 90 miles from South Beach, about an hour and a half to two drive depending on traffic, so it could allows us to get back to Miami around 5:30-6…

Can we start a poll or list of potential ideas?

Also, this is my 1400th post!
just post a link with the info and I'll set it up.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
You certainly do not need to go over to the Gulf Coast to find an interesting airboat tour of the Glades with lots of gators and other stuff to see only a short ride from MIA.

I really can't be more specific about the Miami-Dade tours since the one that I take our visitors on is in Deerfield Beach, a short drive from our place in Palm Beach County.
I agree with Monitor. There should be tons within an hour drive as the Everglades...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:56 am

I managed to squeeze a 23:50 hour connection in Miami on the way to NYC/Europe from the Caribbean, so count me in for Friday.

Now I just hope I can make my morning flight after whatever should happen on Friday night.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ssafro1
CDG and it better not be sh*tty tequila either.
Originally Posted by LowRoller
I'll take SDQ.
I'll take JFK then...
ssafro1 Was the closer one, so he gets the shots. LHR is the departing city. Still working out itinerary details.
I might need a Concorde flight... Anyone has connections?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Unfortunately my schedule has changed and now I have to give a keynote speech in DC that weekend. Mild possibility of making it for Saturday night but those details have yet to be set in stone.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Years beyond my wisdom

After conferring with Charles. My plus one and I would like to attend. Was flying to FLL to kill a weekend and saw this here. Please put us down. I do love Cuban food. And Cuban women.

Some are wise beyond their years..... And then, there is the rest of us
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I am a definite no, unfortunately. Circumstances have changed, and I can no longer go .
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Nice to see the flurry of activity.

Will update the thread with the new attendees and the airboat ride which I found a good deal on Groupon thanks to Monitor.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:40 am

Nice to see the flurry of activity.

Will update the thread with the new attendees and the airboat ride which I found a good deal on Groupon thanks to Monitor.
Is this the deal? http://www.groupon.com/deals/everglades-safari-park-1
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Good detective work!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:52 pm

all is quiet on the DO Front?
probably flying in Friday Night unless I can work remote somehow that week... but leaving Sunday around 3 PM... so Saturday activities and Sunday brunch... all in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.