Search

Boston Do December 4: The organization without a cool acronym (O.W.C.A.) Do

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by wordsew
OK I would love to make to this do/party/get together whatever you want to call it. I have my motives, after I ply them with alcohol I want to pick some flyertalk brains regarding a few potential trips. May I suggest a few adjoining rooms/suites at the Kimpton right on the Cambridge side of the Charles River beautiful views especially if we can get a Studio suite with adjoining room should be about 900 square feet.
They also have a nice bar/restaurant and a cool reception area with plenty of seating.

They may even allow us to do our meet n greet in their reception area

where ever it is can I go please! I will donate one mega bottle of grey goose to the cause...

That way anyone who flies in or over indulges can get a room and crash

www.hotelmarlowe.com
Looking forward to having you! The Kimpton idea is an awesome one, but it's costly. There's a wide variety of people at these events and we like to keep them affordable for everyone. But definitely a great idea.

But we'll take your bottle of grey goose! I assume that it some kind of alcohol. I'm also going to be kicking in four Delta drink coupons. I thought about doing a scavenger hunt in the house, but I like it the way it is.

Mike
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LMP
Thanks, Mike. We look forward to attending. Will you be posting/sending out address info later?
BTW Mark's FlyerTalk username is MWShuster

Thanks!
Larry
Thanks! The week the Do, I will be sending out address information. We live in Washington Square in Brookline, so you probably know the way. Then, just listen for the sound of Dora the Explorer blasting out of our house.

BTW, for those of you who have kids who have made you watch Dora over and over again, I highly recommend this video of the trailer for the Dora the Explorer movie (made by College Humor, so you know what it will be like). SFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpTcrtsN3U

Mike
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikeef
Thanks! The week the Do, I will be sending out address information. We live in Washington Square in Brookline, so you probably know the way. Then, just listen for the sound of Dora the Explorer blasting out of our house.

BTW, for those of you who have kids who have made you watch Dora over and over again, I highly recommend this video of the trailer for the Dora the Explorer movie (made by College Humor, so you know what it will be like). SFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpTcrtsN3U

Mike
Well isn't it a good thing that I have a backpack, backpack that's loaded up with things and knick-knacks too.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I'm in and its on my calendar!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cool!

Mike
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by freeloader
sigh... i'm trying to come, though I'm scheduled for a work trip that very week. If it gets canceled (which they do a lot), i'll be there - so mark me a maybe! If i can't come, i'll know that jBrodes is in good hands!!
Well, my schedule changed, so you can "upgrade" me from a maybe to a yes!!! excited to meet everyone!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freeloader
Well, my schedule changed, so you can "upgrade" me from a maybe to a yes!!! excited to meet everyone!
Good to have you!

Mike
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've had some requests from people who wanted to bring some sort of food or beverage. Thus, should you feel like bringing something small (no obligation!)...

I'm calling this update #3.1415, in which we decide who brings what (Yes, you can bring pie.) so that we have something more than pizza. You're about to get an email in your inbox with a link to this post.

Ground rules:

1) Please do not, I repeat, do not, spend more than $5 or so. We'll end up with too much food/drinks.

2) Please don't go too crazy over this request.

3) Please post below (i.e., don't reply to me) what you would like to bring so we don't get 12 people bringing dessert. Pie (P) or no pie (NP), we'll make it through. In other words, P doesn't equal NP. Or maybe it does. Heck, I'd give a million bucks to know the answer to that.

4) If you know another FTer coming, feel free to coordinate with them.

5) If there's something that you want or you have specific dietary restrictions, please feel free to bring it, even if you don't think that everyone will eat it. For instance, if you only eat avocados, you may have to bring 2 or 3 (which will make 2 or 3 the avacados's number). But don't bring 288; that would be too gross.

6) Please don't go too crazy over this request. You are not obligated to do anything!

We should have plenty of room for everyone. My nanny does like to cook tea, so if you see the kettle on the elevated stove, don't worry, that's just her high pot in use.

Lastly, and most importantly, for those of you who are going to be heavily drinking, don't derive.

Mike

LWBH: Pi
warreng24: cookies
CDKing: roasted veggies
Whiskarina: beer
juluca: antipasto
lwbh: veggies
jbrodes and freeloader: really good bread

Last edited by mikeef; Nov 20, 2013 at 2:30 pm
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Mike, that last post was a big math of puns.

I'm in, I can probably walk there, and I'm about to order some pie.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I'm not a pie guy. I'll pick up a tray of cookies.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I'll bring $5 worth of VR.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'll bring $5 worth of VR.
Just don't give my son any beer.

Mike
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mikeef
Just don't give my son any beer.

Mike
Would VR or beer be more addicting? Think of which one Marathon Man would be more able to go without .
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Would VR or beer be more addicting? Think of which one Marathon Man would be more able to go without .
Well, somebody better sign up for beer then!

Mike
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: Most
Hi Mike,
I will attend. Let me know what to bring.
Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.