Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd Virgin Australia (VA) AGM, Sat 10 August 2013, 3pm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
2nd Virgin Australia (VA) AGM, Sat 10 August 2013, 3pm

Seems that I always forget to post events over here at Community Buzz to ensure the largest possible audience. So thank you to Sweet Willie and others for reminding me.

I realise this doesn't give most FT'ers (who don't frequent the Virgin Australia Forum) much notice, I'm sorry. But if you are in Australia, at a loose end this weekend, have the time (and either $ or points), come an join us.

Now for those that didn't realise it, I beg you some indulgence to explain some Aussie FT slang so you understand the thread title. We (Down Under FT'ers) affectionately named The Lounge Managers "The Lounge God(dess)" [most, if not all, are women] and the staff "Lounge Angels". This was due to the long flowing white curtains that made it seem like heaven (particularly evident in the Brisbane Lounge).

It's always been held in BNE, considering I have had a close association with Virgin (as well as The Lounge Manager in my home town) - for the first AGM, the (then) new Manager asked to be invited to the Do and supplied a birthday cake, etc. She has a standing invitations to attend .

There's usually preliminary discussions at the pre-AGM Lunch (for those that fly up early or locals that want to show the convivial atmosphere to our visitors) at the Breakfast Creek Hotel (affectionately known as the Brekky Creek).

Discussion at the AGM (often over an ale or wine) is all things VA (and sometimes other carriers as well ). The Manager and staff attending have been very open about finding out what works (and doesn't work) and taking notes - we hope it's instrumental in them gaining an understanding about what drives their frequent flyers to (and away from ) VA.

The main thread (for AGM RSVP's) is here, but I welcome any questions on this thread.

There is a separate thread here for RSVP's to the pre-AGM Lunch (as I often cannot attend, having young children and Saturdays are Daddy Days).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.