Discussion thread for the 2012 FlyerTalk Awards winners

Subscribe
This will be the central discussion thread for the 2012 FlyerTalk Awards winners.

www.flyertalk.com/awards

When there are program-specific threads about the winners and losers in their existing program threads, we'll link them here to have an easy way to see all the discussions generated.

Enjoy!

-The FlyerTalk team

I'm very confused as to how UA got the most votes but didn't win
Quote: I'm very confused as to how UA got the most votes but didn't win
probably because those votes were not 1st place votes.
I'm still wondering why it took IB a month to post the results & note the timing coincided with the Freddies.

On a dif note - I never noticed a lot of upgrades w/ Hiltons overseas, so a bit surprised that they took that category.

Cheers.
Quote: probably because those votes were not 1st place votes.
Correct. The rank of each vote counts a great deal, as they are weighted according to rank. Popularity and quality are separated through ranking and weighting.
Was there a Press Release with this info?
Quote: Was there a Press Release with this info?
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/flyert...150000410.html

That's a copy of the release from today. The basic explanation of how the voting tabulation works is in the top section of the Awards announcement page www.flyertalk.com/awards.
Quote: I'm still wondering why it took IB a month to post the results.
We were waiting on the production of the first-ever batch of FlyerTalk Awards trophies, which we'll post photos of shortly! They're super cool
Trophy posted now at http://www.flyertalk.com/awards/

It was inspired by vintage luggage tags used in decades past to route baggage around the world. It also includes a few details that will be familiar nods to hardcore FlyerTalkers! Hope you like him/her/it!
I'm very disappointed the Delta Air Lines that they didn't win this year. Maybe they will try again. Oh well! I always though DL want to win. They didn't have a best SkyMiles program.
Quote: Trophy posted now at http://www.flyertalk.com/awards/

It was inspired by vintage luggage tags used in decades past to route baggage around the world. It also includes a few details that will be familiar nods to hardcore FlyerTalkers! Hope you like him/her/it!
Excellent design job ^

I hope the various winners appreciate their recognition.
Quote: We were waiting on the production of the first-ever batch of FlyerTalk Awards trophies, which we'll post photos of shortly! They're super cool
Not to point out 2 obvious things: but since voting started back in early February & the category process was done back in Dec '11, shouldn't you have started the award trophy process back then? I'm not buying it took until the exact day of the Freddies for the trophies to be manufactured/announcements made. And if it was only the award trophy that was causing the delay, why no update until I bumped up the thread & then the repeated not answering or saying next week with a .

Yes, the trophies do look cool.

And United's going to slide farther down the list next year given this year's debacle w/ the takeover, er, merger.

Cheers.
Quote: I'm still wondering why it took IB a month to post the results & note the timing coincided with the Freddies.

On a dif note - I never noticed a lot of upgrades w/ Hiltons overseas, so a bit surprised that they took that category.

Cheers.
Why shouldn't FT leverage their awards at the timing of their choosing?

The Freddies are not part of this community anymore, so who really cares when the Freddies are given out?
Awards Title
Aloga, perhaps you ought to rethink the awards name, 30 or so years ago, those letters stood for something else. Mahalo
Quote: I'm very disappointed the Delta Air Lines that they didn't win this year. Maybe they will try again. Oh well! I always though DL want to win. They didn't have a best SkyMiles program.
Oh well Delta...