Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Where did the yellow Flyertalk luggage tags go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the yellow Flyertalk luggage tags go?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:30 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by swy
Hi SanDiego1K, I wonder if you still have them; and if not, is there a place I can get them? Thanks!
SEE POST #34 in this thread

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jun 15, 2012 at 12:07 pm Reason: correct where tags can be found
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
They'll be one of these tags floating around HPN/ORD and SFO on Saturday. I always carry an extra, just in case.

dh
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:54 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
SEND a PM to SanDiego1K and ask for a couple, she probably isn't reading this thread.
will do, thanks for the info (and pm)!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 3:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

Tags can now be requested online:

http://www.flyertalk.com/store/

I am now officially out of the tag gifting business (other than for large events).

Carol

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jun 15, 2012 at 12:19 pm
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:45 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Tags can now be requested online:

http://www.flyertalk.com/store/

I am now officially out of the tag gifting business (other than for large events).

Carol
But a big thank-you on behalf of all of us who benefited from your kindness and prompt service in the past! ^^^
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:01 pm

how much do they cost? i´m interested in this tag as well and looked at the link provided - but it doesn´t tell any price.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by midnightflight
how much do they cost? i´m interested in this tag as well and looked at the link provided - but it doesn´t tell any price.
To quote from the link provided: "FlyerTalk is currently giving away a pair of luggage tags upon request."

Giving away = free
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Giving away = free
thank you! ^
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Does anyone remember flyertalk pin ?

I used to think the pins are kinda pointless, but I have a star alliance polo now, would be nice if I can get in one of those to put on my black star alliance shirt above or below the star alliance logo.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Does anyone remember flyertalk pin ?

I used to think the pins are kinda pointless, but I have a star alliance polo now, would be nice if I can get in one of those to put on my black star alliance shirt above or below the star alliance logo.
I have one and wear it every time I fly and I have been "busted" by it on a plane more than I have been busted by my yellow F/t luggage tag
===
And now a shameless plug for a good cause
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ffle-draw.html
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
I tried to request two tags, but I can't get the verification process to accept the words that it asks me to spell. They are kind of difficult, but I don't think I've been wrong 15 times. Is there a trick to reading them?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: HHONORS, AA, Delta, Southwest, Avis, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by DBoy
I tried to request two tags, but I can't get the verification process to accept the words that it asks me to spell. They are kind of difficult, but I don't think I've been wrong 15 times. Is there a trick to reading them?
I had to keep requesting a new captcha until I found one I could read. If you can't read it just keep hitting the refresh Button just above the speaker.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SporkLover
just keep hitting the refresh Button
Which I did 20 or 30 times. Just now, I looked up toward the top and saw a message in RED that said "fill in the fields marked in RED". I noticed that my FT handle wasn't there (I entered it hours ago when I started this). So I put it back in. I was ready to try a new spelling challenge, but I decided to purposely leave out one obvious character. I wanted to see if my handle would be deleted each time I failed in the spelling. I clicked SUBMIT with my handle showing and an obvious mistake in spelling, and it accepted it.

So I don't know what happened. Maybe the algorithm decided that I'm hopeless and decided to send me a couple FT tags.

I'd say that if you are having trouble with the spell check, make sure all the fields above are filled in each time, put a space between the two words, not sure what to say about capitalization??, and if in doubt, make an obvious mistake (I can't believe that's good advice, but it worked for me).
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 0P, Marriott Plat
Bag Tags

Hey everyone, long time lurker - first time poster.

I've been a big fan of the FlyerTalk community for a while and just went looking for FlyerTalk bag tags only to find out that they are currently unavailable.

Does anyone know when these tags will be available again? Any shortcuts to gettings some quickly?

Thanks very much...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:21 am

Welcome to Flyertalk !
Originally Posted by KevinMio
Does anyone know when these tags will be available again?
edited to add, per post #46 on this thread, the tags are back and available for order.
Originally Posted by KevinMio
Any shortcuts to gettings some quickly?
yes I see that you get to the ORD/Chicago area, come out the an ORD/Chicago area Do, I've got a couple extras that I'll give to you.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Sep 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.