Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Community Lounge - good m/a/e everybody - enjoy your stay with us.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Community Lounge - good m/a/e everybody - enjoy your stay with us.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:08 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mowogo
You also forgot about the appvent calendar going on this month.
I didn't know about the appvent calendar, thanks! ^ By the way I fixed your link in the quote above, the .com was missing.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:11 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

As I do with all new Lounge™ threads on FlyerTalk, I would like to thank the CommunityBuzz! moderators Jenbel, chrissxb and Cholula for giving a thread such as this a chance.

May new FlyerTalk friendships be created and may the FlyerTalk community as a whole further flourish and prosper as a result.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
AnoTher great app is Flight Track Pro, with tripit. Keeps all of your flight details on your device, and notifies you before the airline when they have delays or cancellations.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:17 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Thanks to all the MODs for this trial run. We hope to make this thread just as fun and welcoming as the last one.

I'll say it again, we are no longer homeless and lost!!!!
Hi Pat

Is this allowed to say Good Morning ?

It seems everything must be under Mods' control
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
As I do with all new Lounge™ threads on FlyerTalk, I would like to thank the CommunityBuzz! moderators Jenbel, chrissxb and Cholula for giving a thread such as this a chance.

May new FlyerTalk friendships be created and may the FlyerTalk community as a whole further flourish and prosper as a result.
Ditto on the above. Thanks Canarsie for expressing it so eloquently. (I see your vote count is rising)

And good morning all from the not so sunny South. Woke up to a chilly rain this morning at 4:30. Checked around on a few things on the computer (like why I can't port forward but that's a story for another time - a splinter in my side) finally went back to bed and caught a few more hours sleep.

Glad we have a little home here.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:30 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by G_G
Hi Pat

Of course G_G, Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening everybody!

There are different rules in this thread than in the other, like a new pair of shoes we have to work this thread in, until it is comfortable. Just like moving into a new home, we have to learn a bit about how things work here and all will be right with the world.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by G_G
Hi Pat

it is allowed to say Good morning, it is even allowed to say good evening within here oh and while I am at it: it is even allowed to use the quote multiple posts function. that one saves me a lot of time merging consecutive posts and I could spend that time welcoming more members joining this lounge thread

There are different rules in this thread than in the other, like a new pair of shoes we have to work this thread in, until it is comfortable. Just like moving into a new home, we have to learn a bit about how things work here and all will be right with the world.
where's the I LIKE button we have on facebook?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:36 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by chrissxb
it is allowed to say Good morning, it is even allowed to say good evening within here oh and while I am at it: it is even allowed to use the quote multiple posts function. that one saves me a lot of time merging consecutive posts and I could spend that time welcoming more members joining this lounge thread
Please allow me to go one step further...

...there is a good possibility that this thread will grow quite rapidly. An effort by everyone who participates in this thread to try to consolidate as much content as possible into what is posted will help this thread be more manageable overall.

Please help the CommunityBuzz! moderators help you make this Lounge™ thread the best it can be for all.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Good afternoon to the new CB Lounge™ from a wet NYC.

Cholula woke up to create this thread?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by psollitt
I promise to behave
Well, that makes one of us.

Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Greetings Chiffy!

Greetings mi love! Good to know

Originally Posted by mowogo
I know you will, but you really need to hit me up, since you have been flying through RDU a lot this year

You also forgot about the appvent calendar going on this month.
this may be short notice but I am in RDU as we speak...I'll be here till 520pm!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Homeless No More!

Originally Posted by chrissxb
I think there are three mods involved, too
Thank you, thank you, thank you, chrissxb, Jenbel, Cholula!!! Three time's the charm! (where's the emoticon for hallelujah? we need one here!)

I am so happy you heard us.

Do you know how many threes we have here? Yes, I even counted it three times to make sure I got everyone and everything. "Three" happens to be a very lucky number from my upbringings in both Taiwanese and Chinese cultures. I am sure the cabinet members for Her Magnificentness will work even harder to have this Community Lounge stick!

Originally Posted by secretsea18

Hi, Stranger! Glad to see one more New Yorker! Hope you don't have too much accent to confuse me.

I believe chrissxb did the legwork (or should I say the "hand job") for the welcome post on page one.

Originally Posted by bobsgt
Should be boarding AS899 SAN-OGG in about 32 minutes. 2a/2c. Can't wait for my luxurious breakfast and prayer card!
What does a prayer card look like? This inquiring mind wants to know.

Is there another DO on Jan 30th? The LIH Prem DO is on the 28th.
Good morning, Pat! My night is still young here.

I was able to ask the same question. I had nicely typed up a reply to our confused Mr. karung99 but missed the "deadline" to publish it, so allow me to do it here:
Originally Posted by lin821
Originally Posted by karung99
Helloooooo, hope you could join us in SFO on Jan 30
Shouldn't it be Jan 28th?

You probably have an early onset for "memory loss." Need a good doctor? I know a good vet in SFO.

Originally Posted by karung99
We can have a Chinese NY DO in SF China Town too.
Sigh! Only if there's no family obligation during Chinese New Year.

SF China Town isn't that "attractive" anyway. Is that the best you can do for me?
Unless you SF in-towners had a card up your sleeve for Jan 30? OMG! Did I just ruin the bigger surprise?!

ps. What a humongous debut post of mine at this new home! My hands are so tired and eyes so crossed. Nevertheless, here's the theme song to celebrate this wonderful day:

At Last
by Etta James (LIVE from Austin City Limits)

At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue

Last edited by lin821; Dec 22, 2010 at 1:34 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by secretsea18

It's been a wet San Fran (last night), JFK, DCA and RDU today. How you been mi amor?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
It's been a wet San Fran (last night), JFK, DCA and RDU today. How you been mi amor?
Seems like there has been weird weather all over the place!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Ack - another Lounge™ thread to monitor...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.