Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The 2nd Annual Star Mega DO launch party, April 23rd 6PM, Tony P's, Marina Del Rey/LA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2nd Annual Star Mega DO launch party, April 23rd 6PM, Tony P's, Marina Del Rey/LA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by jmd001
Tommy777--

Don't mean to be too pushy ... but when do you think you will be able to announce the location for the Launch Party? Thankx!
Agree. There's a good deal at the Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo ($89 rate + $25 Amex card) which some of us might want to take advantage of for Friday night if that's where the event is going to be held. Otherwise, there's a Point Stretcher at the Hilton LAX that may be gone very soon, as might advance booking rates at the SPG properties. So please advise something regarding the location.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
For any Marriott elites, the Renaissance Airport has a $109 rate & EEO certs work there. I just booked a room & it comes out to $54.50/night

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:26 am

Like others don't want to appear pushy & I'm sure you'll announce the location of the event in due time (ie, before it occurs ), but could we get a 'it'd be better to book an airport location hotel or a downtown location hotel or a' - you get the idea. I had people PM'ing me asking where they should book their hotel & would they need a rental car, and I'm not even on the organizing committee For logistic purposes knowing the 'area' the party will take place would help.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: Lufthansa, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Avis
LFCorsten
LFCorsten+1

We will be in LA.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:39 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Sorry for the delay, folks. The location will be clear on Monday April 5th
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:59 am

Tres cool! Thanks. Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Can you at least tell us what it is? Dinner? Tour? Shopping Spree at Whole Food at Plaza El Segundo? Free rides on a A380?

Did I miss something?

Last edited by wingless; Mar 29, 2010 at 10:29 am
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by wingless
Can you at least tell us what it is? Dinner? Tour? Shopping Spree at Whole Food at Plaza El Segundo? Free rides on a A380?

Did I miss something?
The post 2 above yours that says all will be revealed on April 5th - regarding location etc. All re: StarMegaDo 2 will be revealed the evening of the event on the 23rd from a post on page 1.

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:17 am

Hi - I am going to have to pass. I will be in LA on Saturday thoiugh
I hope details of the 2nd annual mega star do get published early, so that I can make plans.

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The post 2 above yours that says all will be revealed on April 5th - regarding location etc. All re: StarMegaDo 2 will be revealed the evening of the event on the 23rd from a post on page 1.

Cheers.
Really? I base my decisions on who and where? Crazy me.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Hi - I am going to have to pass. I will be in LA on Saturday thoiugh
I hope details of the 2nd annual mega star do get published early, so that I can make plans.

Thanks
* Well tommy said that they're announcing everything re: SMD2 at the 4/23 launch event so hopefully that will provide enough lead time for most. I'm psyched given how fab # 1 was. ^

Really? I base my decisions on who and where? Crazy me.
* Well I'm a bit confused by your asking for details 2 posts after tommy said he'd provide all the details on April 5th for the event on April 23rd. So April 5th is when you'll have your answers. @:-) The 5th is only a week from now & still plenty of time before the event & you're local. He gave plenty of notice on the date, which is what most of us needed to arrange air, and the 5th is still time to organize hotel. Knowing the Do organizers, I'm sure the launch party will be fun! SMD1 was, as was the Conde Nast party in NYC.

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

* Well I'm a bit confused by your asking for details 2 posts after tommy said he'd provide all the details on April 5th for the event on April 23rd. So April 5th is when you'll have your answers. @:-) The 5th is only a week from now & still plenty of time before the event & you're local. He gave plenty of notice on the date, which is what most of us needed to arrange air, and the 5th is still time to organize hotel. Knowing the Do organizers, I'm sure the launch party will be fun! SMD1 was, as was the Conde Nast party in NYC.

Cheers.
Thanks Sharon....you could have done that via text.

Honestly, I don't like some of the FT stuff that many do. I don't care about miles and points. I don't want a tour of United's training facility. The last Mega I would have had to excuse myself after a couple days of doing FT stuff. Sorry!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:05 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
I don't care about miles and points. I don't want a tour of United's training facility.
What are you on FT for?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas
What are you on FT for?
For fun that is all!

I have met 1,000's of people over the years. I like the meet ups and OMNI. I don't use any other forum because now I just know who to call for the answers (other FTers).
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
For fun that is all!

I have met 1,000's of people over the years. I like the meet ups and OMNI. I don't use any other forum because now I just know who to call for the answers (other FTers).
And I'm one of them. One of the coolest people on FT is wingless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.