In memory of: dctorres, AF forum moderator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In memory of: dctorres, AF forum moderator

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Very tragic news. My thougts are with his wife and children who now must grow up without their father.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Terrible news indeed. My sincere condolences to the family
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Gold, Marriott Rewards
Condolences!

As with many here,

I would like to express my sincere condolences to his family! I know my words mean little at this time and moment, but rest assured, he has touched many, and many have benefitted from his words!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
I am so sad.

I remember Derek as one of the very first FTers whom I met "live" in Paris one Saturday afternoon with blairvanhorn.

My sincere condolences to his family.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
My condolences to dctorres family and friends.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very sad indeed.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
My condolences to the family.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
This is terrible news. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I feel so sorry for his family. His dad died not all that long ago. I hadn't spoken to him in a while but we chatted periodically when he was in Paris, DC, Chicago and Paris again. Derek was a big Cub fan. We spent many hours chatting and trying to figure all that out. I saw him on line recently and neglected to say hi. I feel so bad now. I have a good friend who had a patisserie here in Chicago and Derek would order a Bouche de Noel from him and other goodies.

Would it be appropriate to post in Community? I wouldn't have known about this if SanDiego1K hadn't alerted me. I'm sure others would like to know.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Oct 28, 2009 at 8:41 pm
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Would it be appropriate to post in Community? I wouldn't have known about this if SanDiego1K hadn't alerted me. I'm sure others would like to know.
As discussed with Chris, we expect to move this thread to Community Buzz in a few hours/days once the larger AF community has been informed. You can, of course, start a thread there now and the Community Buzz mods can merge the two threads once we have moved this one.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Gosh, terrible news.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:57 pm

Horrible news. dctorres/Derek played a key role in bringing me to FT and will be fondly remembered.

Condolences to his family and friends.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by JOUY31
As discussed with Chris, we expect to move this thread to Community Buzz in a few hours/days once the larger AF community has been informed. You can, of course, start a thread there now and the Community Buzz mods can merge the two threads once we have moved this one.
No, if there is a plan, that's fine - but sooner rather than later. Folks are leaving for the Boo Do and might like to know in advance. This is a well liked fellow and I don't see why you would wait for days. Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Shocked and saddened to hear about this. Condolences to his family.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Very sad indeed.

Sincerest condolences.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
With the OP's consent, we are going to move this thread to Community Buzz to share the sad news with the wider FlyerTalk Community. Blair started the thread here on the Air France forum because he felt Derek's "home" on FT was at AF, a feeling many of us share, and I was so moved and heartened to find, in his closing recommendation, an echo of Derek's warm humor and love for life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.