Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any reviews of Radisson Schwarzer Bock Wiesbaden?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

Rates in Frankfurt are crazy in mid-September so I have booked a quick one night stay at the Radisson Schwarzer Bock in Wiesbaden, Germany. I have a 10am flight back to the US from FRA and I'm not willing to pay Euro +350 rates in Frankfurt. Any experiences from anyone on FT with this hotel. It was either this hotel, the Park Inn in Mainz or the Crowne Plaza in Wiesbaden. (all come in at approx. Euro 150) Even the Hilton and Hyatt in Mainz are really expensive.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 7:33 pm

The Hotel its not bad at all.. one of the better Hotels in Wiesbaden !

The only thing is, you have to take the Train from FRA to Wiesbaden, take the Line S9 if possible since this is the fastest way. You can take also a Taxi, but that might cost you around 50 Euro from FRA-Wiesbaden. The way back you can get some deals for around 33 Euro. But take the train, its easy and fast..

Have fun in Wiesbaden, nice city...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
I have "tried" the Radisson in Wiesbaden last weekend and have to admit that it was much better than expected!
The hotel is quite old (or perhaps I should better say historic), but very stylish. And I had even been upgraded to a Business Class Room as a Gold-Elite member with breakfast included! ^

Last edited by Flamewing; Sep 16, 2009 at 10:05 pm
Old Sep 18, 2009, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info even if it came in after my intended stay. It will be good to have it as a future reference since I ended up cancelling my stay there. I was annoyed by the hotels cancellation policy of 7 days prior to arrival. I was trying to hold out and see if the hotels in Frankfurt got cheaper closer to my intended arrival date. They did but not much cheaper so I ended up staying south of FRA in Moerfelden at a HIX. Not great but good for a quick 1 night before an early flight.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
I stayed here recently, very nice experience. I was upgraded to a nice suite with high ceiling and 2 verandas overlooking the courtyard. Very quiet, I liked the spacious design and huge staircases. I am told that hotel claims this is the oldest hotel in Germany....It was founded in 1486.

They have Root Beer and Dr.Pepper imported from US at the Subway next door.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:17 am

Stayed at this location again the other night. Upgraded room with excellent welcome gift of large fruit arrangement with the chocolate cake.

The hotel and the locale is great! Going back at end of week....Weisbaden is a nice looking city.

Cheers
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Just had a quick one night stay at the Radisson Schwarzer Bock in Wiesbaden. Overall a very nice older historic hotel. As a Club Carlson Silver memember I did not get a noticeable upgrade but I was given a decent room on the third floor. Room has that Old World historic look to it but the furnishings were in very good shape. Bathroom looked like it had recently been renovated. Had a couple of small issues with the safe but it was taken care of in a timely manner. Location can't be beat if you are in Wiesbaden and want to be in the city center shopping area. Front desk staff recommended a very nice italian restaurant within a short walk of the hotel (it was called Little Italy). Would stay again without hesitation and would bring my swimming trunks with me next time since they evidently have a very nice historic bath.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Just had a quick one night stay at the Radisson Schwarzer Bock in Wiesbaden.
Was there a bottle of Kombucha in the room?

Cheers
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jakpot

Was there a bottle of Kombucha in the room?

Cheers
No!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:38 pm

Could someone post directions from the S9 station to the hotel? Will be arriving from FRA with luggage.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by tinnub
Could someone post directions from the S9 station to the hotel? Will be arriving from FRA with luggage.

At main train station (Hauptbahnhof) right to Friedrich-Ebert-Allee
- Pass Rheinstrasse straight to Wilhelmstrasse
- At Staatstheater (theatre) left into Burgstrasse, followed by Webergasse
- Right to Kranzplatz (follow hotel signs)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:09 am

Thank you jakpot, is it walkable or do I need taxi?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by tinnub
Thank you jakpot, is it walkable or do I need taxi?
A taxi is advisable, is about 3km of confusing market sqaures and back alleys.

There's a good Irish Pub 1 block from hotel.

Cheers
Old Apr 13, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Thumbs up Rooms get redesigned this summer

Old thread but I didn't want to start a new one. The Radisson Blu "Schwarzer Bock" will renovate its rooms this summer. Here is a link to an article in the local newspaper with a picture of how the new rooms will look like. The article is in German

Hotel Schwarzer Bock invests 6 Mio. Euro in redesign of rooms
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caspritz78
Old thread but I didn't want to start a new one. The Radisson Blu "Schwarzer Bock" will renovate its rooms this summer. ]
Thanks for the information. I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last year. Very nice staff and the renovation will help modernize the look and fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.