Wiki Posts
Search

Review: Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...
Review: Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok

Ok, I am new to goldpoints plus but signed up since I was considering staying at this new property that I found in BKK. I dont know that I will be a loyal goldpoints plus person but as a loyal FT'er I have to sign up for every program available, right?

I was staying in BKK during a GASTECH convention and rates at my normal hotel was really high so I decided to give this hotel a try. I found a good promo rate online so figured it couldnt be all bad.

I was greated warmly at reception and everyone seemed to be proud of the property. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed, free internet, plenty of power outlets, nice television with DVD player and fully stocked mini bar.

The restaurant was of good quality and reasonable price and they service food 24 hours. Service in the restaurant was spotty but good overall.

The pool is relatively small and not a lot of chairs but with only 65 rooms it is doubtful it would ever be very busy.

The fitness room is small and I wasnt too impressed with the equipment but it would be ok for a light workout.

The location is a quick 2 minute walk to the Asoke BTS.

I found it difficult to explain the location to the taxi drivers so I just told them to take me to the Asoke BTS station and I made my way from there. It is probably quicker that way anyway because if they turn down ratchada road they would have to go all the way down and make a u turn to get you back to the hotel so better to just drop you off on sukhumvit and walk down.

Taxis, the hotel is very good about getting taxis for you and given its location they are plentiful running by the front of the hotel at all hours of the day. The hotel is very good about making sure that the meter is used. I had to go to a temple near the old airport and it took 3 taxis before they got one that they approved of putting me in. I am not new to BKK as my wife is thai but still nice that they make that extra effort.

I had one minor billing error and emailed the hotel after I had already checked out and the hotel responded quickly (within hours) and corrected things immediately.

I really liked the hotel and if their rates stay reasonable I will definitely be returning.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:06 am

May 2012 stay

I wanted to update the previous review posted. Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a deluxe corner room - that featured a couch, a desk, and a small bar area. The Bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was large - featuring a separate tub and shower. Unlike the previous poster I found the pool to be adequate in size, as we were the only ones using it. And the views of the city skyline at night were beautiful. As far as the explaining the location to taxi's, the hotel upon check in gives the address and map, in Thai to show the taxi cab drivers - and we never had a problem with them finding the location. The area is more business - but, it is easy to reach other parts of the city with the Metro or a taxi.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:35 am

Wow, this original thread is from a long time ago.

I stayed at the Park Plaza on soi 18 in December 2011. It's a nice hotel but a little bit of a far walk from the main Sukhumvit road. The hotel offers a tuk-tuk service but its not always readily available. I stayed there 4 times and was twice upgraded to the corner deluxe room and 1 time to the executive studio. I think its a pretty good value being a category 2 hotel.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I just stayed here for 4 nights. The location is excellent, and the staff is helpful too. They can arrange taxis and drivers and in room massages. No upgrade or in room gift but that's not a big deal. I think I would try soi 18 next time since it is probably a bit quieter.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Stayed at the hotel early November for 4 nights - the location is hard to beat, 2 minutes to Asok BTS/Terminal 21 and it's still far enough away from Soi Cowboy. Got upgraded to corner rooms as Gold. Got some soft toys as welcome gift - there are too many things with price tag on so we actually asked the front desk if those were free and they were. Got 1 in each room and asked for an extra one for the 3rd kid and got it.

The hotel arrange taxi but the price is not good compared to Courtyard (the big taxi was THB 500 from the CY to the BKK). The hotel wanted to charge THB 800.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:15 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
just stayed there and loved it. upgraded to corner room as Gold without asking - big room, nice hardwood floors, I liked the deep soaking tub by the window, separate shower. got a little turtle as welcome gift.
great location with few minutes walk to BTS and MRT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.