Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson SAS New York

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Radisson New York

How is the Radisson New York these days, stayed there five years ago. Any major change, renovation etc. or still the same Hotel with the small rooms ever for NYC standard.

Last edited by chgoeke; May 17, 2006 at 1:11 pm
Old May 20, 2006, 3:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by chgoeke
How is the Radisson New York these days, stayed there five years ago. Any major change, renovation etc. or still the same Hotel with the small rooms ever for NYC standard.
There is no Radisson SAS New York.
There is a Radisson in New York that like most Radissons draws very mixed reviews in the US.
What your expectations are will more then likely determine your satisfaction.
I would take a look at Trip Advisor and the Radisson website to see if this is a reasonable choice for you.
If this helps the one thing I can say about Radisson is that they have a 100% satsifaction guarantee.That alone will be bring me back over time even with a failed program.They are an excellent company to do business with and have some excellent team members out in Omaha.
Overseas the SAS Radisson hoyels deliver a level of above average standards without question.

Now if only they would get a clue and fix their Goldpoints Program so it could align with their hotels and compete with the majors.Sadly they still spend a fortune and get little back on their investment.I haven't noticed a single compelling promotion out of Radisson recently. Hopefully something is in the pipeline.
Good luck with your choice!!Let us know how it goes if you choose to stay!
Cheers
Old May 22, 2006, 2:25 am
Original Poster

We guys from Europe are so used to the SAS that we always put it in even for the US Hotels.

Thanks for your opinion do you have recent experience with the Radison in New York?
Old May 22, 2006, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by chgoeke
We guys from Europe are so used to the SAS that we always put it in even for the US Hotels.

Thanks for your opinion do you have recent experience with the Radison in New York?
I hear you
There is no similarity of brand standard between the SAS Radsisson brand and the US Radisson brand except name
I don't have first hand experience at the Radisson Lexington.
Booked it a few years ago and then got cold feet after hearing slightly negative word of mouth
However the general word on the street is the hotel is below average 3 star standard.
New York is a great hotel town with exciting choices
Feel fee to PM me and I will give you a list of solid choices to choose from.Unless there is a spectacular deal on the Radisson I would be leary of booking it personally.
But I am a spoiled guy when I travel.I want a good bed,clean,quiet room,good shower and a program that will earn me recognition and reward with great value......Many of the reasons I probably wouldn't take the chance and choose the property personally.
I have a work colleague that only cares if there is a bed in a room period!!
So it all depends on you...
Check out www.tripadvisor.com it is not always 100% accurate but gives you a basic idea.
Just seperate some of the drama
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 24, 2006 at 9:35 am
Old May 23, 2006, 2:18 pm
tgw

I was here about a year ago with no real problems. I arrived a bit early and was not able to check-in since there were no rooms ready (and I forgot to do online check-in). They offered to store our luggage for us and when we came back we got straight to our room without any issue.

Lobby is very nice with a small (but expensive) bar area where locals seem to gather. No doubt, the room was small, but not a closet by any means (I've had smaller in Europe many times). I was on a higher floor with three windows in my room on the corner of the building. Nice view!! Everything was clean and well-kept. There were a couple of snags on the bedspread, but that was the extent of it. And I look for this kind of stuff!

I would go back without hesitation. Not the best, but far from the worst.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, same as my experience last time not too good but not worst.

I will try something else this time.
Old May 24, 2006, 7:13 am

Chickening out?
I do know that some form of renovations have taken place since five years ago.
If that is of any interest you can call the hotel for further info or Radisson reservations who sometimes have that information
Old May 24, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I have first hand experience of the Lexington - and all I can say is Don't.

There are those on Flyertalk who will exagerate how great or how terrible things can be. My record is one of balance and fairness in most things.

However, this was the single worst hotel experince I have ever had. Nice lobby. Really poor rooms - stayed in 3 during my visit. Dreadful, rude unhelpful staff. No recognition of my GoldPoints Gold, for what it's worth. I wrote a report, which I can't find right now but I'll see if I can find it later.

Things were so bad that it would have taken me so long to write up a letter of complaint that I actually didn't bother. I just chalked it up to experience and voted with my feet.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:16 pm
CHW

The Radisson Lexington Hotel is in the final stages of a major renovation. All 705 guestrooms and suites are being upgraded with new furnishings including Herman Miller task chairs, granite desks, enhanced bedding, and deluxe rooms now feature Sleep Number beds.

The hotels fitness center and business center have both been renovated with the business center featuring five new PC stations, printers and a 50 flat screen high-definition television. The lobby is also being renovated, and the hotel now features three newly-renovated restaurants: Dynasty, serving Chinese cuisine; Raffles, a coffee shop offering snacks and light meals; and the brand-new Alma Grill, which opened in May 2006 and features contemporary American cuisine with Latin, Asian and French influences.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:36 pm

Impressive undertaking

Originally Posted by CHW
The Radisson Lexington Hotel is in the final stages of a major renovation. All 705 guestrooms and suites are being upgraded with new furnishings including Herman Miller task chairs, granite desks, enhanced bedding, and deluxe rooms now feature Sleep Number beds.

The hotels fitness center and business center have both been renovated with the business center featuring five new PC stations, printers and a 50 flat screen high-definition television. The lobby is also being renovated, and the hotel now features three newly-renovated restaurants: Dynasty, serving Chinese cuisine; Raffles, a coffee shop offering snacks and light meals; and the brand-new Alma Grill, which opened in May 2006 and features contemporary American cuisine with Latin, Asian and French influences.

Jeff
Thanks for the heads up on this major new re-launch in NYC :-:
Let me say on behalf of all those in the Flyertalk community and the Radisson
forum we appreciate your past and present participation fully.

My opinion of any company willing to step out in a public forum of online travelers that typically feature criticism and some praise every now and then shows a confident company willing to take customer relationships and perceptions seriously.

Keep up the great work and helpful feedback on Carlson Hotels Worldwide ^
Cheers
Old Jun 7, 2006, 5:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GoldCircle

There are those on Flyertalk who will exagerate how great or how terrible things can be. My record is one of balance and fairness in most things.

However, this was the single worst hotel experince I have ever had. Nice lobby. Really poor rooms - stayed in 3 during my visit. Dreadful, rude unhelpful staff. No recognition of my GoldPoints Gold, for what it's worth. I wrote a report, which I can't find right now but I'll see if I can find it later.

Things were so bad that it would have taken me so long to write up a letter of complaint that I actually didn't bother. I just chalked it up to experience and voted with my feet.
Sounds very much like some of my stays there which certainly gave proof to "you get what you pay for" with the rate being reflective of the hotel quality being on the lowest end of any hotel in NYC that had a major international brand affiliation on it. That's why I'm glad to hear about the following:

Originally Posted by CHW

I guess I should have sent in complaint letters a couple years back in anticipation of using the free night compensation for stays after the renovation.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle

I agree. I will never stay there again.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by JumboJet
I agree. I will never stay there again.

ME TOO! Radisson Lexington was AWFUL. Nothing terribly wrong with the property itself but the staff makes it a horrendous experience to stay here. I've stayed here a few years back and never stepped in the place again and never will.

There was this one front desk lady that was outright rude, I can't recall the name but she had curly short dark brown hair, thin. Not too descriptive but it would be funny if anyone else had an unpleasant encounter with her...lol.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Unhappy taxi accident

I recognized that scene of last night's crazy taxi accident as being just outside this Radisson (Lexington) New York. For GPS coordinate (40.75501480631747, -73.97267460823059), its Google Maps & Google Street View confirm it. Glad all are ok, accident people & hotel guests all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.