Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

10,000 bonus points, two-night stay, complete by 7/21/13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum

Promo link: https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...s10K.ctaButton

I just registered for the new "10,000 bonus Gold Points® per two-night stay" promo. In the terms and conditions it states:

[...]
and pay for a stay of two or more consecutive nights on a Gold Point eligible rate at participating Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson℠ hotels worldwide beginning on or after May 13, 2013, and completed by July 21, 2013 (“Eligible Stays”).

I am currently staying in a radisson property, but checked in on the Sunday already. Would that still count, or is it out, as the stay technically did not begin on or before May 13, but on May 12? (I will stay 2 nights "inside" the promotion period though.)

Last edited by jpdx; May 15, 2013 at 9:47 am Reason: Added promo link and re-titled for clarity
Old May 13, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by herriebo
I just registered for the new "10,000 bonus Gold Points® per two-night stay" promo. In the terms and conditions it states:

[...]
and pay for a stay of two or more consecutive nights on a Gold Point eligible rate at participating Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson℠ hotels worldwide beginning on or after May 13, 2013, and completed by July 21, 2013 (“Eligible Stays”).

I am currently staying in a radisson property, but checked in on the Sunday already. Would that still count, or is it out, as the stay technically did not begin on or before May 13, but on May 12? (I will stay 2 nights "inside" the promotion period though.)
Typically, no. They've been strict in the past on stays must begin no earlier than the start of the promotion.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Club Carlson - Concierge & BA - Silver
Another Q please....

I am staying in a Radisson Blu, Brussels on the 15th May & Radisson Blu, Dusseldorf on the 16th May...

Will this be eligible for the bonus??
Old May 13, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by dannyt85
Another Q please....

I am staying in a Radisson Blu, Brussels on the 15th May & Radisson Blu, Dusseldorf on the 16th May...

Will this be eligible for the bonus??
No if the wording states "per 2 night stay!" You have two one night stays and not a 2 night stay.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Club Carlson - Concierge & BA - Silver
Shame

I cannot believe in 2012 we got BNG and now we have this
:-(
Old May 13, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
he Points Guy thinks you are covered

Originally Posted by herriebo
(I will stay 2 nights "inside" the promotion period though.)
The Points Guy thinks you are covered.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:23 pm

Wonder if 2for1 rate is eligible

Wonder if RSGP1P1 is eligible. When you reserve 2 night stay it gives second night for 0 price.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dannyt85
Shame

I cannot believe in 2012 we got BNG and now we have this
:-(
Yes we should definitely hope this won't be the only spring / summer promo. I could understand there is no BNG anymore, but proposing a so weak promo will more generate frustration than other things.

Anyway frustration is a good definition of CC since the beginning of the year. Their BRG is frustrating, their promos now are weak, seems that the Hyatt credit card syndrome is happening here too (but at least, Hyatt has great properties and great Diamond privileges as a back-up)
Old May 13, 2013, 12:43 pm

I guess 2 rooms for 2 nights counts as 2 eligible stays. I am just wondering if I can book 2 rooms in my own name or should I book the other one in wifes name in order to get 20 000 bonus points.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Important to note also: C&P rates are for the first time NOT ELIGIBLE!
Old May 13, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Important to note also: C&P rates are for the first time NOT ELIGIBLE!
I wouldn't take it as threat to other promotions.
In the case of this one, since the lower tier hotels require 5,000 points plus cash, basically could make a lot of people book C+P rates to pay less and get the 10,000 points back in the future.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question Can you do this more than once

Are you only allowed one time of two or more nights to get 10,000 points or can do you this multiple times during the promotion period?
Old May 13, 2013, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if you read the T&Cs you'd note:
"There’s no cap on the number of bonus points you can earn." so your answer is multiple........

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Are you only allowed one time of two or more nights to get 10,000 points or can do you this multiple times during the promotion period?
Old May 13, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
if you read the T&Cs you'd note:
"There’s no cap on the number of bonus points you can earn." so your answer is multiple........
Good because your going to need a lot of stays to equal last year's promotion! Did every chain cut back their 2nd quarter promotion this year or what? Disappointments most every where you look but I am glad at least we have something.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you always have the option of choosing bonus promos from other brands if you don't like the CC one, but if one is limited to a CC prop right, something better then nothing...........

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Good because your going to need a lot of stays to equal last year's promotion! Did every chain cut back their 2nd quarter promotion this year or what? Disappointments most every where you look but I am glad at least we have something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.