Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest is new CC partner (now CP qualifying)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

I am relatively new to Club Carlson having been drawn in by the promos this year. I do not remember Southwest Airlines being a partner when I last looked in December. I see they are now listed. While it likely isn't a great option to accrue airmiles instead of CC points (or even to make the transfer of points to airmiles in general), there may be an opportunity for those with large piles of points as a result of this year's promo activity to transfer some CC points to Southwest to help get closer to a companion pass, provided that transfer does count toward qualification.

Last edited by jsammerman; Jun 9, 2013 at 8:11 am Reason: Points now automatically count toward Companion Pass
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:32 pm

I emailed them after getting the email and they said you can't double dip so its either the southwest points or club carlson. I'd stick with CC points instead esp since they probably won't count towards CP on SW.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Was thinking more about earning CC points and then transferring them, if needed. Hotel points have so far counted toward companion pass status. Wouldn't choose to earn Southwest mile because it requires converting all CC points to Southwest miles, which is clearly a significant loss. But at 18,000 Southwest miles per 100,000 CC point transfer ratio, it might be worth it if I was close to earning the companion pass.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by jsammerman
Was thinking more about earning CC points and then transferring them, if needed. Hotel points have so far counted toward companion pass status. Wouldn't choose to earn Southwest mile because it requires converting all CC points to Southwest miles, which is clearly a significant loss. But at 18,000 Southwest miles per 100,000 CC point transfer ratio, it might be worth it if I was close to earning the companion pass.
The converting of Club Carlson points to Southwest Rapid Rewards has not been activated yet. Typically, hotels have different conversion schedule for Southwest, so I doubt that the current conversion table up on Club Carlson is correct.

Here's the write up that I did about the double points Southwest promo.

Last edited by holtju2; Jan 20, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

The transfer link is now open. 100,000 CC points = 18,000 Rapid Rewards. At lower thresholds, the transfer ratios are not as good.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So, 100K CC points = $300 in WGA fares?

Pretty mediocre value in the redemption if you ask me (you could easily get considerably more from rooms in that), though I suppose if you have a bazillion CC points from all the 2012 Club Carlson promos and no intention of using them for hotels...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So, 100K CC points = $300 in WGA fares?

Pretty mediocre value in the redemption if you ask me (you could easily get considerably more from rooms in that), though I suppose if you have a bazillion CC points from all the 2012 Club Carlson promos and no intention of using them for hotels...
Indeed, 50K (and the credit card) has me booked at $900 of hotel in NYC. ^
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:19 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

It appears as though CC-->WN transfers are not CP qualifying. A big letdown!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Indeed, 50K (and the credit card) has me booked at $900 of hotel in NYC. ^
Yeah, and that 50K would be something like $133 in WGA fares.

The 1200 points/20 in WGA fares is mildly interesting- but given the 3x CC points promo...
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
It appears as though CC-->WN transfers are not CP qualifying. A big letdown!
If so, this would be the first time hotel transfers into WN RR do not count toward CP. Can you provide details?

Are you looking at your WN account, having done pulldowns for Companion-Pass qualifying and current year-to-date?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
If so, this would be the first time hotel transfers into WN RR do not count toward CP. Can you provide details?

Are you looking at your WN account, having done pulldowns for Companion-Pass qualifying and current year-to-date?
It's obvious in my case, as I had no activity in 2013 other than CC transfers. The CC transfers posted, but my CP counter sits at zero.

I received reports from two others that CC transfers were non-CP qualifying, so it doesn't appear to be a one-off.

It's very surprising to me that CC should be the only hotel chain that doesn't count for CP. IMO, it's either a mistake or an indication that WN doesn't intend for hotel transfers to count, but hasn't gotten around to implementing it for existing partners, and when CC came on board they set it up the way it's supposed to be.

Is there a WN lurker who could clarify this?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
It's obvious in my case, as I had no activity in 2013 other than CC transfers. The CC transfers posted, but my CP counter sits at zero.

I received reports from two others that CC transfers were non-CP qualifying, so it doesn't appear to be a one-off.

It's very surprising to me that CC should be the only hotel chain that doesn't count for CP. IMO, it's either a mistake or an indication that WN doesn't intend for hotel transfers to count, but hasn't gotten around to implementing it for existing partners, and when CC came on board they set it up the way it's supposed to be.

Is there a WN lurker who could clarify this?
I just transferred 100K to 18K Southwest specifically for the CP. We shall see....

If anyone has transferred in 2013 please post your experience.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:52 pm

I updated the thread title to reflect that CC-->WN transfers have been successful, but not CP qualifying.

--jpdx, Moderator, CC Forum
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
I updated the thread title to reflect that CC-->WN transfers have been successful, but not CP qualifying.

--jpdx, Moderator, CC Forum
WOW, I think I will call once my transfer hits and ask straight out since according to policy it should be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.