Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: FTL in M&M
Gold for shareholders?

HI

I've just found this :
Google translated from http://kackalorum.se/2012/02/23/easy-travelling-101

Do you stay sometimes at the Radisson / Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn / Park Plaza hotels?

In that case:
1: Buy some shares in REZT, Rezidor Hotel Group AB on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. Is 25 SEK / pc, one should be enough ...
2: Open an account at Club Carlson, http://www.clubcarlson.com
3: Pull off an email to [email protected] and asks to be compad to gold level and shareholders.
4: Get automatic upgrades and the like. Stay as Jens without paying as Jens, kind of.

25 SEK would be roughly $4, well worth spending to be Gold (for life?)!
(some official info: http://www.investor.rezidor.com/phoe...l-shareholders)
:-)

Regards
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by pogar
HI

I've just found this :

(some official info: http://www.investor.rezidor.com/phoe...l-shareholders)
:-)

Regards
That's funny, why is google translating Country Inn and Park Inn as Holiday Inn?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I just found this on rezidor.com as well. I sent them an email, and there are no minimum requirements. If there is not a "catch" here, this is a very good offer for people like me that has no chance of getting gold status!!

Cheers
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:20 am

I bought 10 shares yesterday, sent them an email, and woke up to Gold Elite status this morning
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by grinde
I bought 10 shares yesterday, sent them an email, and woke up to Gold Elite status this morning
Congrats! I just wondered why my Swedish blog got so many hits from USA and the likes... well, now I know :-)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
What type of documentation did you have to provide? I'm specifically asking to know if the shares have to be registered in your name. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
What type of documentation did you have to provide? I'm specifically asking to know if the shares have to be registered in your name. Thanks.
I though it was kind of odd, but I did not need to send them anything. First I sent them an email to ask if there were a minmun amount of shares you had to own. A nice lady responded that there were in fact not a minimum amount, and that I should let her know when I had bought a/some shares. I bought 10 shares through my broker which is Nordnet (I live in Norway) and just told her I bought some shares. I did not hear from her that day, but when I woke up yesterday I had received another email from Service center one that could confirm my upgrade to Gold Elite. I logged in at CC and now had Gold Elite next to my points

I don´t know if they have a way of checking, but I would kind of assum they did. So I wouldn´t try to get it if you do not own any shares as this might come back and hit you later... I would hate to lose all my points if they "cought" me because I was not a shareholder...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
What's the easiest way to buy the shares?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
What's the easiest way to buy the shares?
From an online broker. I use Nordnet for my other stockholdings, so I bought through them
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
I logged in at CC and now had Gold Elite next to my points
Great! Any idea how long that status will last? As long as you are a shareholder? How could they know if you sold the shares?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by krausolany
Great! Any idea how long that status will last? As long as you are a shareholder? How could they know if you sold the shares?
Well I was wondering about that my self, but in the email I received upon being upgraded, it looks like the status is only valid for a year and that you have to requalify:

--

We are happy to inform you that at the request of Rezidor we have upgraded your account to Gold Elite. Your status is valid until 2014. We have ordered a membership card for you, which you should receive within 4-6 weeks. Until then you can enjoy Gold benefits by quoting your membership number whenever you stay at our hotels.

· Offer available exclusively for shareholders of the Rezidor Hotel Group.
Upgrade to Gold Elite status will be effective approximately 10 working days following enrolment through February 2013. To maintain Elite status, members must re-qualify annually per programme rules.
Offer is non-transferable, may not be sold, and is subject to change or termination without notice.
By enrolling in Club CarlsonSM and participating in this offer, you agree to the Club CarlsonSM programme terms and conditions.

--

However there are 2 different timeperiods in the email. First it states my status is valid until 2014, then it sais February 2013. I do think it is weird that there is so little information about this. How do they know that I bought? And like you said, how would they know if you sold?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
To what email-adres did you sent it?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
However there are 2 different timeperiods in the email. First it states my status is valid until 2014, then it sais February 2013. I do think it is weird that there is so little information about this. How do they know that I bought? And like you said, how would they know if you sold?
Thanks for the detailed information! Even if it's "just" for a year it's still a good thing!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: EBG(*AG), FBG, HH Gold, BW Diamond
Bought 15 shares yesterday and sent a mail to CC. Awaiting reply.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by krausolany
Thanks for the detailed information! Even if it's "just" for a year it's still a good thing!
I agree But I should of bought more than 10! I bought at 23,3 and they are now at 25,2 Who knows, maybe this is a goldmine as well haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.