Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn Frankfurt Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Park Inn Frankfurt Airport

I have a night here next week, any experience or advice on this property? Is my first time staying there.

Cheers,
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by jakpot
I have a night here next week, any experience or advice on this property? Is my first time staying there.

Cheers,
I'll be there in October 2011.
Please write a review.

Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jakpot

Cheers,
Set your expectations very low and you will be happy. Rooms are small. They put me in a "renovated room" as upgrade for gold, but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless they said it three times already that They were upgrading me because of my loyalty. Not a bad hotel at all. Just dont expect too much. Also, make sure to hang on the "do not disturb" sign if you want privacy. They have the tendency to knock on the door and immediately enter in at 7:30 in the morning if you are too sleepy to say "nein"!

German housekeepers like to start the day early!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aston Martin
I'll be there in October 2011.
Please write a review.

Thanks.
Also, to add to my other post, the hotel looks understaffed. You might experience a queue for check-in and check-out as it's among the standard hotels for airline crews and dumped passengers. Only one reception slot was staffed and the two other were empty when I checked-in despite 5 guys behind me. I was lucky to arrive 10 seconds earlier than their shuttle.
Expect to pay extra for internet and breakfast.
Although it says "airport hotel", it's NOT walking distance. You need a taxi or shuttle.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by serkan
They put me in a "renovated room" as upgrade for gold,
Sure you're talking about the same hotel? It's a brand new hotel....it opened last year so all the rooms are renovated.
My wife and I stayed here last October for three nights. The main reason was to save us having to drag all our luggage into the city centre and we had an early departure. We found it perfectly adequate for the price we paid. Typical semi budget hotel with no frills and a decent sized room. Pleasant staff at the desk as well as in the restaurant. As a Gold we got a fruit plate delivered to the room. We would certainly go back.....at the right price. We got a really cheap rate but I see the rates have gone up quite a bit so better value might be got elsewhere.

Originally Posted by serkan
Although it says "airport hotel", it's NOT walking distance. You need a taxi or shuttle.
If you have luggage then use the hotel shuttle or jump in a taxi. On the days we went sightseeing we just walked to the airport and took the train into the city. Same when we came back in the evening. Without luggage it's an easy walk on footpaths and takes 15-20 minutes.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Completed my stay. Nothing really to report. No upgrade as hotel was full.

Slept all the time I was in house, did not try anything other than the room itself.

Standard room in Park Inn colours. Good bed, quiet with view of green area of trees and park. Staff were efficient and cheerful at check in and check out.

Some nice tea and coffee with kettle provided in room. 2bottle of water included.

Beer and soda machine located on the first floor next to reception and directly opposite the elevators.

Hotel was completely functional, no expectations so I wasn't disappointed.

Cheers
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Stayed at the Park Inn before an early morning flight out of FRA last week. Overall very satisfied with the room and the employees I interacted with. The room was nicely furnished and there really isn't anything that I could even think about complaining about. If you plan on staying at the hotel for a couple of days (which for most seems unlikely due to its location) you could possible take issue with the fact that the rooms don't offer a lot of storage since there isn't a real closet or dresser in the room. There is an area where you can place your suitcase and there are several rod like hooks above the suitcase platform with a couple of hangers for hanging up a couple of things. One thing that did suprise me is that they charge Euros 14.50 for internet access which I think is ridiculous! No issues with the airport shuttle.

I think this hotel is probably the best low cost option near the airport. I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a couple of exits down from the airport and it is not as nice as the Park Inn.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:21 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=christianj;
I think this hotel is probably the best low cost option near the airport. I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a couple of exits down from the airport and it is not as nice as the Park Inn.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've used this property many times in 2011. The hotel seems to get quite busy at times. I was warned by FD that (at demand surge times) a reservation will be overwritten at 18h00 if not gauranteed by credit card.

Cheers
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:21 am
Community Director Emerita

The website says there is an airport shuttle.

"Take advantage of airport shuttle service to and from the hotel and Frankfurt Airport from 05:00 to 23:00 (Daily)."

Where do we find it? We arrive in the evening. We'd like to go to the hotel, then return to the airport in the morning to pick up a rental car.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The website says there is an airport shuttle.

"Take advantage of airport shuttle service to and from the hotel and Frankfurt Airport from 05:00 to 23:00 (Daily)."

Where do we find it? We arrive in the evening. We'd like to go to the hotel, then return to the airport in the morning to pick up a rental car.
From their website:

The shuttle stops at Terminal 1C (departure level, exit no. 7) and at Terminal 2E (regular shuttle stop) and picks up guests free of charge.

On the return trip to the airport there is a fee of 3.00 EUR per person. The hotel advises guests to book a seat at the reception desk in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

Rooms are TINY here. It's been a lot of years since I've been given a room so small. From the floor plan, every room looked to be the same size.

Internet costs 14.5 euros/day.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:33 pm

Rooms are TINY here.
I thought the room size was decent.....not huge but also not tiny. I've had smaller room in full service hotels.

Website says the are approx 21 square meters which is around 226 square feet. IMHO an adequate size for a short stay.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
My experience yesterday

I neither found the rooms so small, but maybe they have different sizes.

I booked a business friendly room to guarantee the internet and breakfast but after checking TripAdvisor and the answer given to an elite from their sales director (stating he should had given an upgrade from standard to Business friendly with all the extras) I decided to save some money and go for the Standard.

So I come to check-in and ask for an upgrade and the lady at frontdesk looks at me as if i were a beggar. I hate when you need to push this kind of perks but after reading TA, it was clear that i was not leaving without my upgrade + breakfast & Internet. She agreed to a business room but when i asked for the internet she said something like "normally not included" so I had to push once again and got it. Today when i checked out they wanted to charge me the internet but they waived after a fast explanation.

So guys, fight for your perks!!!

As other have said, nothing to write home about but convenient if flying from Frankfurt.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:34 am

Rooms are TINY here. It's been a lot of years since I've been given a room so small. From the floor plan, every room looked to be the same size.

Internet costs 14.5 euros/day.

I've seen this reported here for different properties-I was under the impression that ALL Club Carlson hotels provided free internet (not talking about upgraded options)

Am I missing something? I've yet to encounter a CC hotel charging for internet and I certainly wouldn't be too happy to see it.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
I've seen this reported here for different properties-I was under the impression that ALL Club Carlson hotels provided free internet (not talking about upgraded options)

Am I missing something? I've yet to encounter a CC hotel charging for internet and I certainly wouldn't be too happy to see it.
At least all Radisson branded Hotels offer free Wifi, not so the other brands. Though free Wifi tends to become standard ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.