Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi IdentityMonitor Discontinued effective 03/31/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: /usr/bin
Unhappy Citi IdentityMonitor Discontinued effective 03/31/2015

I saw this when I logged out of my Citi IdentityMonitor account today:

Citi® IdentityMonitor® is being discontinued effective March 31, 2015. Once the program is terminated, members will no longer be charged a fee or receive any program services including updated credit reports or informational credit scores. Additionally, Citi® IdentityMonitor® will no longer monitor activity on credit bureau file(s) and notify of key changes. For questions, please call 1-866-279-9637.
This is quite unfortunate. It is a good monitoring service at only $4.95 a month.

Are there comparable services that others would recommend? I'm mostly concerned with keeping track of my accounts and inquiries as my travel hacking has me opening and closing lots of accounts.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
That's very unfortunate indeed. Discover card gives you your true FICO, and the free credit karma/sesame services give you a big picture, but I'm not sure of a good replacement at that price point.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by gt_croz
I saw this when I logged out of my Citi IdentityMonitor account today:

This is quite unfortunate. It is a good monitoring service at only $4.95 a month.

Are there comparable services that others would recommend? I'm mostly concerned with keeping track of my accounts and inquiries as my travel hacking has me opening and closing lots of accounts.
I am in the exact same boat. Great tool for keeping track of accounts. I think they are shutting this down because I hear most credit monitoring services short of Life Lock are nearly useless if God forbid there ever was any fraud with your credit reports. But, this service was damm useful for accounting and tracking purposes

I've tried Credit Karma, but I find the interface unappealing and it's very ad driven and spammy . Not to mention, the scores it givesare questionable and are based on TU data and not EX. Any good alternatives ?
On the bright side, I received this letter in snail mail yesterday, and it did confirm that Citi does indeed have plans to provide free credit scores on credit card statements
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:28 pm

I've been waiting for this. They stopped accepting signups months ago (maybe closer to a year). I tried signing up last summer, but that wasn't even an option. At least now we know why.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson

I was pretty bummed about it too. Got something in snail mail from them that said important information about your account. Instantly knew before i opened it up. Great loss for $4.95/month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.