Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

New HHonors Visa benefit? [10,000 HH points for $1,000 Hilton annual spend]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT

Citi does not want me to cancel the card, offered a 5k point bonus for $1k spend in 3 months if I kept it open, agreed to do so.

Received a card in the mail, offering another 10k bonus at the end of each calendar year for spending $1k or more on stays within the Hilton Portfolio. While I already have the Reserve card, both are used for leisure stays, booked primarily with points, this is another reason to keep, use the card.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
Citi does not want me to cancel the card, offered a 5k point bonus for $1k spend in 3 months if I kept it open, agreed to do so.

Received a card in the mail, offering another 10k bonus at the end of each calendar year for spending $1k or more on stays within the Hilton Portfolio. While I already have the Reserve card, both are used for leisure stays, booked primarily with points, this is another reason to keep, use the card.

May be of use when the churn ends for people looking to top off Hilton balances for a reward stay.

While the churn is going I'll take 50K for that $1k spend
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For you, maybe. Not for most other people.

In case you don't know, Citi sends targeted offers of various kinds to various people. This is just another example of their endless series of various targeted offers.

In my case, I was offered a different amount on different (smaller) Hilton spend and it had to be in a limited time period (next couple months or so), not annual.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 20, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:51 pm

Oddly enough I don't think I even had got an offer from Citi via the mail for bonus points based on spending and I cancel via SM
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe the $1K spend in Hilton hotels for 10K annual bonus will become a standard feature for the no fee HHonors card come April 19.

Note the $1K spend is for hotel stays at Hilton properties, not just any spend.

Standard retention offer used to be 5k for $1k spend - which of course is a far cry of 50K bonus for $1k spend on new card.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I believe the $1K spend in Hilton hotels for 10K annual bonus will become a standard feature for the no fee HHonors card come April 19.

Note the $1K spend is for hotel stays at Hilton properties, not just any spend.

Standard retention offer used to be 5k for $1k spend - which of course is a far cry of 50K bonus for $1k spend on new card.
Where did you get the April 19 date from ?

I just got 6 envelopes from Citi today stating that I can get 10K bonus points for spending $1k at Hilton hotels during a calender year and you can now earn Gold Status for spending $20K on the Hilton Visa per year.

I also got a separate mailer offering 3 points through 3/31/15 on purchases at Restaurant, Movie Theaters and Show Theaters.

Three pretty much worthless perks for me.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 21, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Where did you get the April 19 date from ?

I just got 6 envelopes from Citi today stating that I can get 10K bonus points for spending $1k at Hilton hotels during a calender year and you can now earn Gold Status for spending $20K on the Hilton Visa per year.

I also got a separate mailer offering 3 points through 3/31/15 on purchases at Restaurant, Movie Theaters and Show Theaters.

Three pretty much worthless perks for me.
More than one bloggers mentioned this a couple days ago.

Got the same envelopes as you did without the category bonus offer.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
More than one bloggers mentioned this a couple days ago.

Got the same envelopes as you did without the category bonus offer.
Bonus offer was a separate envelope and only targeted one of my open cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.