Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Subscribe
Quote: strange,heard back from them. they said I was coded for 50,000 miles after $2500 spending and the admiral club passes and nothing about the $150 statement credit. she asked me to scan the front/back of the offer so they could see it. I sent back the away7 link, as I dont have anything to mail. anyone else run into similar issues?
Have you heard anything back from them? I have the same situation, I just messaged them asking how long for my credit to post. I made my AA purchase back on November 27th, my statement just closed yesterday, no credit yet.
Quote: Do you have to fly AA in order to use the day pass?
Question--My husband and I are going to be using 2 guest passes on a trip to Europe this spring. (Still waiting for my passes in the mail.) Can we each invite a guest (so a total of 4 people) into the lounge? Also, can we use the LAX lounge prior to our flight and the ORD flight for the layover with one pass?
Day pass is only for one person, not for guests.

Yes, both prior to the flight & layover are good for one pass.
Quote: Have you heard anything back from them? I have the same situation, I just messaged them asking how long for my credit to post. I made my AA purchase back on November 27th, my statement just closed yesterday, no credit yet.
yea they eventually told me via their online contact to call in. i called in and they asked if I had the offer letter (i said no), and she said to fax in a printout of the website with my card #, etc, and they would get back to me in a couple days. I did that yesterday, but have not heard anything yet. I'll update if I end up getting the statement credit, or if they continue to deny me.
Quote: yea they eventually told me via their online contact to call in. i called in and they asked if I had the offer letter (i said no), and she said to fax in a printout of the website with my card #, etc, and they would get back to me in a couple days. I did that yesterday, but have not heard anything yet. I'll update if I end up getting the statement credit, or if they continue to deny me.
I also heard back from them, they stated that it may take up to two statement cycles for the the credit to post.
Quote: I also heard back from them, they stated that it may take up to two statement cycles for the the credit to post.
did they confirm you wre getting the credit? I never got that information, only to fax it in and they would see.
Does anyone know if there are foreign transaction fees on card for the away7 offer?
Hi everyone,
I am getting close to the 18 month from last time i applied for the citi aa card. My question is do i need to close my current citi visa and amex card before i apply for the new one?
thanks
Quote: did they confirm you wre getting the credit? I never got that information, only to fax it in and they would see.
I never received any kind of confirmation from citi that I would receive the credit, however I had a credit post yesterday on the Visa card. It posted the same day the card cycled.
Quote: I never received any kind of confirmation from citi that I would receive the credit, however I had a credit post yesterday on the Visa card. It posted the same day the card cycled.
How much was your AA purchase and how much the credit?
Applied for the business card under the away7 offer. Used my name as business and 1,000 revenue. Got approved after I called with my application ID for $11,500 limit. I also verified the terms of the offer: 50K, $150 credit and 2 lounge passes.
Quote: How much was your AA purchase and how much the credit?
$50 Purchase and I got a $150 credit
I already got a Citi Advantage Visa and Amex in my name plus one in my wife's name. I see there's also a Citi Advantage Mastercard offer of 30k miles with a $750 spend required in 4 months. It's now been over 60 days since each of us applied for the above cards.

Does anyone know if we can each get the Mastercard bonus as well? I know these offers always say first time card members but that isn't always enforced.
I actually have the 75k mile cards, but that thread is now closed so I'm posting over here.

I usually cut my minimum spends close to the bone, and thought I was over the $4k threshold but wasn't getting the points. I called Citi to complain, and they told me that the 3% foreign transaction fee DOES NOT count towards the minimum spend.

Luckily, the sum total of my foreign transaction fees was $150, and I still had time to spend on domestic purchases, but that strikes me as a little obnoxious. Not only do they charge you 3% if you use the card outside the US, but that 3% they are charging you doesn't count towards minimum spend.
Quote: I called Citi to complain, and they told me that the 3% foreign transaction fee DOES NOT count towards the minimum spend.
I think all of the card companies would tell you that... it's a fee, not a purchase.

Sucks, but think of all the miles you're getting anyway.......
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  21  61  111