Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

1Q 2014 Targeted Bonuses: Various Citi Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Just received this in my e-mail:

Enroll now and when you use your Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® card for eligible purchases, the AAdvantage® miles are on the shelf! Or in the box! Or on the delivery truck!

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: Once your enrollment is complete, you will earn 3 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on retail purchases at electronics & computer, clothing, toy and department stores through 03/31/14. Earn up to 2,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles.*

IT'S EASY TO EARN: Eligible purchases you make on shopping trips can earn you 3X AAdvantage® miles. So something as simple as buying a new laptop can turn into AAdvantage® miles in your account.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
This is a nice addition to the 5x that the US Airways MC is offering for up to 2,500 bonus miles in Q1 at grocery stores, movie theaters, and for utility bills.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:53 am

Hmm. I got a similar email, but it said:

Enroll now and when you use your Citi® Platinum Select® Card for eligible purchases, the statement credit is in the cart! Or in the bag! Or in your tank!

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: Once your enrollment is complete, you will earn 5% back on purchases at department stores, restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores through 03/31/14. Earn up to $25, which will be posted as a credit on your account.*

IT'S EASY TO EARN: Eligible purchases you make can earn you 5% back. So something as simple as putting gas in the tank can turn into savings in your account.
Edit: Oh, I just realized, that email pertains to my other Citi card, not my Aadvantage card. I didn't get anything about my Citi Aadvantage card (but I have the Executive/World Elite card, so maybe that's why).

Last edited by Cardboard55; Jan 2, 2014 at 11:54 am Reason: added info
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:54 am

I also received the same offer on my AA Visa but my husband got a better offer on his AA Amex which has restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores. Much more useful for me at least.

[Enroll now and when you use your Citi® SelectSM / AAdvantage® American Express® card for eligible purchases, the AAdvantage® miles are in the cart! Or in the bag! Or in your tank!

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: Once your enrollment is complete, you will earn 3 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at department stores, restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores through 03/31/14. Earn up to 2,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles.*]
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
got the same offer, but for online purchases.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Me too

Mine is for movies, theatres and dining out. And only for the Amex - not the Visa.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Does anyone know if CVS is considered a department store?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:30 pm
wcj

Originally Posted by Jtweedy
Does anyone know if CVS is considered a department store?
LOL, you just made my day. But, no, it's a drugstore.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
So we can all go to the toy store after Christmas!!
At Least Barclay Arrival has 3x for groceries this time....

JudyJFLA
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mine is for restaurants, department stores, gas stations and grocery stores. For Citi Amex; same 2500 cap as others. There must be some serious algorithm driven micro targeting going on
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
where do you guys see these additional points for the arrival?

I have it set to receive emails (as in, I never set it to not send me emails) and I get no notice on category spend bumps
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Mine is showing the following:

I don't see any other restrictions... does this mean I can spend anywhere... I haven't been able to find any more specific details on where I can spend other than the 4 listed items AND MORE!

Anyone else?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:18 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Citi makes similar offers every quarter, but not for every person and not for every card.

Last quarter, my wife had a flat bonus (2500 points?) for making five $5 purchases per month on a ThankYou card.

This quarter, I have a total 5x bonus on dept stores, gas, and groceries using a different ThankYou card.

There have been threads on this in the past; not really any clear pattern to the offers. Also, some people receive them via postal mail while others via e-mail, so look carefully in spam folders.

Not that it will have any true usefulness - but feel free to start a wiki on this thread and post offers received.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:40 pm

I got this..

Enroll now and when you use your Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for eligible purchases, the points are in the cart! Or in the bag! Or in your tank!

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: You already earn 2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent for dining at restaurants and on entertainment. Now with this special offer, once your enrollment is complete you will earn 2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on almost everything else you buy, including purchases like groceries, gas, shopping, travel and so much more through 03/31/14. Earn up to 2,500 additional points.*
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Citi makes similar offers every quarter, but not for every person and not for every card.

Last quarter, my wife had a flat bonus (2500 points?) for making five $5 purchases per month on a ThankYou card.

This quarter, I have a total 5x bonus on dept stores, gas, and groceries using a different ThankYou card.

There have been threads on this in the past; not really any clear pattern to the offers. Also, some people receive them via postal mail while others via e-mail, so look carefully in spam folders.

Not that it will have any true usefulness - but feel free to start a wiki on this thread and post offers received.
Yeah I haven't got either of these

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.