Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

How long has it been unable to log in on Choicehotel site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I tried to book an award stay but was not able to log in since afternoon of March 22, Thursday. It said the system is not available and to contact Choice service center for your needs.

I can pull up my prev award reservation by the reservation number, but I cannot log in.

Has anyone tried to log in lately?

Last edited by Happy; Mar 22, 2007 at 11:40 pm
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
I was on the site early yesterday (22nd) and had no problem. But, when I try and log on now, I get the same message you did about contacting the service center.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

System still down but Service Center can make award booking

Just called and was told the server for the Award program is still down, but the reservation can see the balance of your account (not the details) so the reservation can do award bookings on the phone. Program CSR does not know when the server may come back up - it has been down since yesterday morning.

I added one night to an existing award stay. The same confirmation number shows up with updated information already.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 1:44 pm

I was able to log on now
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been unable to send them an email. I'm trying to get the 3X miles in conjunction with the current NW promo, but neither the stays (5 so far) nor the miles are showing up anywhere.

I try to send an email but nothing happens (it bounces back). Hmmm.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: HH Dia, Choice Dia, PC Plat
Funny, my last 7 stays haven't shown up. Was posting the 3X promo to Southwest but I have seen nothing from either Choice or Southwest. Anyone else having these problems?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bkwee
Funny, my last 7 stays haven't shown up. Was posting the 3X promo to Southwest but I have seen nothing from either Choice or Southwest. Anyone else having these problems?
See post #5.

I'm posting mine to NW in conjunction with their promo, so I should get 750 miles (Choice) plus 1000 miles (NW) for a total of 1750 miles/stay. Not too bad, considering I can easily hotel-hop and pick up 7000 miles/week.

However (I was able to get an email off to them), I also asked how they were posting the miles. If they wait and post them in batches, I would wind up with only one NW bonus for N stays, which is not what I wanted. However, since Choice will be providing triple miles as advertised, they would have no obligation to do anything else.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got an email back.

They have a record of all my stays. It takes 4-6 weeks to post miles (OK with me -- I don't need the miles right away). I don't know if they will ever post the stay activity to my account, since I didn't earn any points. But, as long as they have the records, they should count for elite qualification.

Only open question is whether they will dump them all into Northwest as a lump (triggering only one bonus) or one at a time. I guess only time will tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.