Wiki Posts
Search

Promos going on now

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Promos going on now

Are there any promotions for choice going on now? I have a 3 night stay coming up this weekend and I could have sworn there was at least one promo out there but I'm searching through my emails and cannot seem to find anything.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
There was a triple points promotion, but it ended Jan. 15.

Choice will not be getting any nights from me until they offer another promotion. To many other good promotions out there.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Their spring promotion usually starts in mid- to late February.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lougord99
There was a triple points promotion, but it ended Jan. 15.

Choice will not be getting any nights from me until they offer another promotion. To many other good promotions out there.
Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast
Their spring promotion usually starts in mid- to late February.
Thanks, I did the triple points but I was certain I had registered for another. I guess I am crazY!!

Choice was the cheapest for this weekend, promo or not Im not spending twice as much just to get some points lol Im cheap!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:05 pm

Choose your Extras

There's a new feature allowing you to choose your extra if you're staying on Sunday through Thursday. Go to your "My Account" and scroll down.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irajoe
There's a new feature allowing you to choose your extra if you're staying on Sunday through Thursday. Go to your "My Account" and scroll down.
That's awesome, thanks. An extra 500 points is an extra 500 points. Now I wonder if they count a stay that starts on friday but also includes sunday night in this. All is says is book a stay that includes a sunday thru thursday night so I guess I will find out after this weekend if it counts.

I wish that choice had a more detailed account of your point earnings like other programs so you can see the breakdown.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
That's awesome, thanks. An extra 500 points is an extra 500 points. Now I wonder if they count a stay that starts on friday but also includes sunday night in this. All is says is book a stay that includes a sunday thru thursday night so I guess I will find out after this weekend if it counts.
No, once you register and you look below Your Extras section in your account, you see a link to Terms and Conditions:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...lations#extras

Item 1 in the T&Cs says: "Your Extras benefit option may only be earned on qualifying point eligible stays that include at least one Sunday through Thursday night in each stay."

Isn't that clear enough that if there's one Sunday night in the stay, it counts, no matter what other nights are in the stay?

Originally Posted by miadukes
I wish that choice had a more detailed account of your point earnings like other programs so you can see the breakdown.
They used to have that in reasonably formatted on the old site.

They have it horribly formatted and useless on the new site. Here are the numbers on the right from two example lines from my Q4 statement:

What the <bleep>?

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 9, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, once you register and you look below Your Extras section in your account, you see a link to Terms and Conditions:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...lations#extras

Item 1 in the T&Cs says: "Your Extras benefit option may only be earned on qualifying point eligible stays that include at least one Sunday through Thursday night in each stay."

Isn't that clear enough that if there's one Sunday night in the stay, it counts, no matter what other nights are in the stay?

They used to have that in reasonably formatted on the old site.

They have it horribly formatted and useless on the new site. Here are the numbers on the right from two example lines from my Q4 statement:

What the <bleep>?
Oh yes I am clear on what the terms say but what they actually apply is a whole nother story lol

Wow yeah idk what the heck that is!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The rollout of the Extras program seems to be hobbled.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:14 am

Come on Choice lets see the promo!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by EVA777
Perhaps there is a disconnect: They may see the new Extras program as the current promotion.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Perhaps there is a disconnect: They may see the new Extras program as the current promotion.
It's very timid if viewed as a promotion. Assuming even a cheap hotel of $60/night, a 3x promo would give you an extra 1200 points per night. The other typical kind of Choice promo of the past would give you 8000 points per 2 stays. Compared to that 500 points per stay is better than a poke in the eye, but not much. In fact, for more expensive properties and/or on stays longer than one night, for those at higher elite levels it may be even less than the elite bonus !
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:44 pm

The extras program is a joke if that is the 1Q promo. Hilton, IHG, and SPG all offer welcome points in addition to promos.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by EVA777
It's now on the website:
https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges
(as part of the new "Introducing the new Choice Privileges®" page with a few other new bells & whistles)

FREE NIGHTS!
Take 2 separate trips between March 3 and May 5 to earn a free night at over 1,500 hotels!

Clicking on "LEARN MORE" beneath this will bring you to:
https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night

The main body of this page shows "Stay between Sept. 3 and Nov. 11" but the fine print at the bottom has the correct dates. They really need more QA before going live with stuff!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:36 am

Thank you, Dadofsix. Glad that they're back, and are giving advance notice, but sheesh, they sure buried the lead.

Now then: @:-) There's a reason to screenshot the t&c now - on the promo's page, not the page that confirms registration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.