Search

Great Giveaway Over

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Great Giveaway Over

The Great Giveaway is Over.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I suppose that has some meaning, but it is lost on me.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
in case you missed it: choice had changed its brg from 10 percent off to 1 night free at the beginning of this week. you were able to claim free nights just for finding a cheaper rate somewhere else. they changed it back to 10 percent off this morning....
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Bush league, if true. It would be bush league if it were a fat thumb key stroke, too, but not as bush.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
It's true and customer service doesn't know why. She said that the word around the CSRs is that someone launched the new program (not the the present one) prematurely. Me: That sure didn't make CSRs' lives any easier. Not personally involved, I wondered what happened to the BRG applications under the enhanced program. Apparently, since they were handled on the spot, they stuck. Then the toggle was switched back.

Didn't one or two other programs switch to Choice's enhanced version?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The whole thing was weird from the start, as you could see both BRGs at the same time--sometimes one was linked and sometimes the other showed up.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 2:35 pm

Arrow

OT, looks like one of this board's sages has reached a big number and recognition. Congrats, and thanks for the wisdom and knowledge along the way.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
OT, looks like one of this board's sages has reached a big number and recognition. Congrats, and thanks for the wisdom and knowledge along the way.
Thanks! It wasn't a goal of mine, and I don't think I intended to post 10,000 times 8.5 years ago when I joined up, but so it goes!

Back on topic, it doesn't surprise me that Choice is beefing up their BRG in response to IHG's new BRG. A free night, though, is almost too generous, as it leads to people hunting solely one night free stays. It wouldn't surprise me to see it reintroduced with a one free night per 30 day restriction or similar (à la IHG).

Last edited by soitgoes; Jan 2, 2012 at 11:41 pm
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
A free night, though, is almost too generous, as it leads to people hunting solely one night free stays. It wouldn't surprise me to see it reintroduced with a one free night per 30 day restriction or similar (á la IHG).
To sentence #1, yes, but this is a cheap bounty vs. its considerable $ value to the hotel to shut down the competing channel -- e.g., doing the hotel's work for it. To sentence #2, this makes sense. Someone on high thought it was a good idea. Measure twice, cut once. Just painful when it's public.

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 2, 2012 at 11:15 pm
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
The new -10% sucks... As it is just for public rate, if you have a SOS fare with 20% you will never be able to use it !
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
The free night seems to be back...
http://www.choicehotels.com/en/bestrate
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:27 pm

So, after reading this thread, I went to check competing web sites for a stay I have coming up in a few months. I found a bunch of rates cheaper than my reserved rate. Bingo. So, I went to the Choice web site to rebook so I could submit my best rate guarantee claim and get a reduced rate and maybe a free night.

When, to my surprise, I learn that choice has dropped the price for my nights well below even the lowest competing site! I didn't get a free night, but y'all saved me a few hundred. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:51 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Fantastic! Add this to this spring's 1+1= 8,000 point earn sale, and all I need is to see another 8,000 pt. pan-Europe redemption sale, and I'm ready to call it "The Choice Spring"! (March Madness? Well.....)

And I've still gotta believe that somebody jumped the gun in prematurely rolling this out the first time. No matter, they've apparently worked out all the kinks internally. Can't imagine they'd pull it twice.

Thank you for this, Choice. ^

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 3, 2012 at 2:12 pm Reason: To tighten it up - maybe..
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:52 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Fantastic! Now all I need is to see another 8,000 point pan-Europe redemption sale, and I'll call this "The Choice Spring"!

And I've still gotta believe that somebody jumped the gun in prematurely rolling this out the first time. No matter, they've apparently worked out all the kinks internally. Can't imagine they'd pull it twice.

Thank you for this, Choice. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.