Wiki Posts
Search

PEK Departure Fast Track

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX PLAT
PEK Departure Fast Track

Having been stuck in the departure security mess that happens at PEK now and again, I was wondering if anyone has used a good VIP departure service?

There are a few advertised that claim front of line security/passport control access... I've used these services at other airports with good success, but never PEK.

I have a 625PM flight and my last meeting finishes at 230PM sharp in CBD of Beijing -- so I know I will be cutting it somewhat close if (ha) there is traffic.

Suggestions?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL; KLM Gold; AC 50K
I am interesting in learning about options to expedite through the departure process at PEK as well! I was just at T3E for an afternoon flight to HKG a week ago, and it took an hour just to get through immigration then another 30 minutes for security. Since I will be doing that route (on CA/CX) monthly for the foreseeable future, I am willing to pay a reasonable price to ensure minimal queuing time but all the services I have spoken to so far, have all admitted there is no official fast track at PEK and they can only assist on a best-effort basis, which is quite pointless.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by fryfrye
Having been stuck in the departure security mess that happens at PEK now and again, I was wondering if anyone has used a good VIP departure service?

There are a few advertised that claim front of line security/passport control access... I've used these services at other airports with good success, but never PEK.

I have a 625PM flight and my last meeting finishes at 230PM sharp in CBD of Beijing -- so I know I will be cutting it somewhat close if (ha) there is traffic.

Suggestions?
Sounds to me like you have plenty of time.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by JPDM
Sounds to me like you have plenty of time.
+1. I usually leave around 3 or 3:30 and that's always been enough time, even though there's always a panic it won't be as one sits in traffic on 3rd ring road.

By CBD, do you mean out towards Chaoyang? I've been going from central (Wangfujing) and 3p is plenty of time, 3:30 enough.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Looks like I will be leaving from Xicheng District at the JW Marriott. Last time I left at 3PM for the same flight from just a little further in and I was one of the last to board. Passport control looked like DBX on a Thursday night.

Any recommendations on a departure service? I'd rather lounge in the lounge than in line if I can...
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:24 pm

What is a departure service?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPDM
What is a departure service?
A departure service is basically like fast-track arrivals, but for departures. I use it a lot in the middle-east -- where passport control and security can be daunting regardless of class of service.

I am pretty sure PEK has this service just looking for a good one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.