Search

SPG vs. Hyatt Properties in Beijing as a Platinum / Explorist

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
SPG vs. Hyatt Properties in Beijing as a Platinum / Explorist

Hi folks,

At the following pricepoints, can anyone advise on which hotels you would choose, and why? We are a late-20's couple enjoying some time away in a city vacation. Certainly appreciate the hip factor of the W but would love to hear upgrade treatments in other alternate properties.

SPG as a Platinum
W Beijing: $171
Westin Financial Street: $114
St Regis: $172
Westin Chaoyang: $109

Hyatt as an Explorist
Park Hyatt Beijing: $221 (But part of a hyatt globalist challenge)

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I have only stayed in Westin Chaoyang out of the five. That one is pretty good, but it was about USD240 when we were there about three years ago around Thanksgiving.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Beijing is a city of 20+ million people and all about location.
Westin Chaoyang is on line 10. +your great price of 109..
BTW. finicial street is boring.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Beijing. Loved the property. I am Globalist however and applied a DSU. Without it, probably would have landed into a corner room.

Location - convenient to the subway. The hotel is rather difficult to find for taxi drivers imo especially if one cannot speak Mandarin.

Service - I've read that others had issue with the service. I did not. Service was fantastic. The butler team went above and beyond, providing a free house-made blueberry cheesecake for my birthday. They comped all non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge as well. Breakfast was phenomenal, but service was terrible. Too many guest and not enough servers.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: OW Em (AA EXP+5MM), AA CK, Delta Silver, UA 1K
I stayed at the Park Hyatt for 6 weeks of the last 6 months. The service was outstanding. Breakfast for me was never a problem, but that might be because I went early - plenty of servers for the crowd that was there. Highly recommend.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of those I have only stayed at Westin Financial Street. It was fine—comfortable, and everything was nice, but nothing was special or particularly memorable. As noted above, the location is not worthwhile for touring, however.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:27 am

Park Hyatt isn't in the greatest location if you're a tourist as it's in the business area. They have a great bar though which I used to go to fairly often when I lived in Beijing.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Can anyone comment on the choice between St Regis and Grand Hyatt in Beijing, as SPG Platinum and Hyatt Globalist. Any comments on the club lounge facilities in either? Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DELETED.

Sorry.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 31, 2017 at 5:33 am Reason: Beijing, not Shanghai

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.